First-timer: Indoor, CFL, and organic.

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by MariLlama, Jan 21, 2014.

1. Hey everyone!Though I've grown some fruits and veggies this will be my first experience growing an herb. ;)I chose Lemon Kush. Since it's my first time, I'm starting off with only one plant to try and minimize costly mistakes. I've sourced organic ingredients from a locally owned garden store to use as a grow medium and have the little lady (hopefully a lady) in a 5gal bucket with drainage holes in the bottom. Also, I'm using two 100wt equivalent "sunlight" color CFLs for lighting. We are a little past a week since breaking ground and already have a question, haha. :rolleyes:Although the nodes seem to be pretty tight, the initial growth under the cotyledon left a long stalk. Essentially, my question is, should I worry about this? I plan on LSTing the plant, but I feel like I should bury the plant a bit further into the soil therefore establishing a lower center of gravity and stronger root system in hopes of a sturdier plant in the long run. I plan on doing this tomorrow so let me know if it's a bad idea. I appreciate any positive feedback and hope y'all will join me in this adventure. :D

2. Here are some pictures

Attached Files:

3. Mod, this topic may be deleted. I don't plan on continuing this journal.
    Thanks. :smoke: