First timer in soil, need some tips

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by ri3mta3, Jul 22, 2013.

1. So I have a plant about 6 weeks old, medical papaya strain. Its growing alright but it doesnt seem to be bushing out at all, any suggestions? I dont want it to get to tall or lanky.

Also have a little bit of spotting on a few leaves.

Going to transplant it soon into a bigger pot and add some more soil, i read that you can use half strength hyrdo nutrients (which i already have from my previous hydro growth) any thoughts on the nutrients?

Attached Files:

2. #2 TheAnswer121, Jul 23, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2013
    growing tall instead of bushing from lack of sufficient lighting. imo

start nutes at 1/4 strength every 2-3 feedings. may want to consider flipping to 12/12 because it will stretch even more before flowering.

3. I know it needs some more wattage, so if i increase wattage should i still go to a 12/12 schedule?

4. How long do you plan to veg her? I have seen some growers who get pretty aggressive with training plants to control height. One grower in particular took her plant and completely bent the main cola over (like a cropping) and it did just fine.

[SUB][/SUB]
    [SUB]I know it needs some more wattage, so if i increase wattage should i still go to a 12/12 schedule[/SUB]

[SUB] [/SUB]

imo, yes. asap. do it today. she will double or even triple in height over the next 2 weeks.

6. ok so i added more wattage and changed it to a 12/12 schedule, we will see how that goes! thanks!