first timer here!!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by baadfish69, Apr 9, 2001.

1. First of all, Id like to say, I love this website...and you all seem to know a great deal about growing. Therefore, I turn to you. All these years I have been a smoker, and thats it. Ive become tired of dealing with others when it comes to acquiring that precious bud, and have decided to try growing. I dont like to jump into anything that I know nothing about, so I have been reading as much as I can. My questions are...first of all...

What strain is best for first timers? I live in southern california....as far as climate goes.

2nd, what usually happens if you take seeds from a bag of bud and try to grow them? Bad Idea? I have some seeds from a decent batch of buds from Washington, and figured Id grow those.

3rd, How many seeds are needed to grow one plant? Do you plant ONE seed away from other seeds?

and last, once i have a plant growing, how do i know when it is ready to harvest?

All of your input would be greatly appreciated, and I look forward to many more posts with you guys.

Peace.... [​IMG]

2. OKay here's the anwser to your questions...

1.Northern Lights #5 is a good quality starin and it's an easy grower too. Ideal for the first time grower. As far as your climate goes I dont know....

2.Taking seed from the bud is a great idea, hell thats how everyone else gets 'em ;)

3.One seed, one plant BUT you dont know if it's going to turn out to be a female or male.

4. 2 ways of knowing when to harvest. 1 the "hairs" on the plant turn brown and when the cyristals start to turn a rusty colour.For exaple, If not all the hairs havnt turn brown but most and the cyristals are starting to turn then you know it's harvest time.If all the hairs have turned brown but the cyristals havent turned at all it's still time to harvest. HARD to explain in a short story but I go fetch up some links for you to read on it...

3. I would like to thank you much for your insight. I would imagine that I will be planting my first seeds around May 1st, and I will keep you up to date on how it is going.

Thanx again