first timer grower question

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by wankstajizza, Nov 29, 2007.

1. hi my plant is in its first week of veg and i was wondering what is the best soil to use? I am intrested in trying the soil that is a mixture of different stuff not sure exact material or ratios but ive seen people say they do that? also what size should my buckets be? I dont get what fertlizer and nutreints i need for the flowering stage? can some please help me? also i am going to home depot to pick up the items. THANKS

2. If you can find it, go with fox farms oceans mix,

as far as pot size, ive heard 1 ft per gallon bucket, i keep mine at 3-4 ft by using 3 gal buckets

3. hey thanks for the response.. if i cannot find that mix how about ProMix Soil or miracle grow organic? also can someone help me with deciding what fertilzer and nutrients i should put?

4. thanks... im going to get the ocean forest mix at a store aroudn where i live but how much does a bag cost? also any nutrients i should get from this company?

5. i was also wondering if foil tape is mylar? what is more effective white wall or foil tape?when should i start fimming?or should i LST? i have the height space to grow taller . please help

6. hey thanks vibe im planning using mylar or the whitewall but most likey a whitewall.. do you know any good nutrients from FoxFarms i should pick up? and when should i fimm my plant? im only week 1 veg with this plant

7. hey thanks vibe it is not that tall yet so i havent added anything.. im about to Fimming the plant but what do you think is the best way to sterlize a blade? fire, alcohol, or boiling water? any suggestions?

8. Yea just anything decent WITHOUT time release ferts or high in any salt content.

9. just wipe it off.

10. vibe or whoever i burnt my plant a little and the lower leaves are wilting beacuse i think im watering it too much or its not getting enough light. i have a 42w 6500k and 1 42w 4200k bulb. i just made a box and plan to get it fox farm oceans mix and some of the nutrients in 1 more week the plant is week 2 veg stage and im about to top the 4th level of the leaves any suggestions?