First timer grower CFL (typical) :)

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by tatuny, Apr 13, 2014.

1. #1 tatuny, Apr 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2014
    Hey guys this is my first grow using 1 105w 6300k CFL + 1 25w 2700k CFL 24/7 light schedule, the strain is a big devil autofem, i have no idea what the soil it is, i am using a regular fert NPK 3:2:3 + calcium + magnezium + sulphur + iron + manganese + boron + molybdenum, using 2 PC fans linked to a 12v charger and blowing on the bulbs so i can keep them close to the plants without burning them.
    What do you think of my plant? Its 1 month and 16cm tall i burried the stem up to the cotyledons when i transplanted. What yield should i expect from it? I am hoping 8grams+ dry and did it start flowing? Since it is an autoflower i have no idea.
    My only problem is the yellowing of new growth, it has been like this for a few days, is it overferting? As i suspect.
    IMG_20140413_014223.jpg

I will pot up soon (2-3 days) and will use brand soil this time not just recycled soil from my garden (pro grower i am :D ).

Attached Files:

2. I think you'll hit your mark, but you might want to switch over to soft whites like right now to improve your yield.

3. yeah id switch to like a 2700k or something. but I think it is flowering already. a little blurry but looks as if she is buddy. hope all goes good and you should hit ur mark no problem prolly more. but jus be attentive an give her tlc. check out my grow if u want man Im using cfls also, the links in my bio

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. Update: Changed my 40w 6300k cfl with a 25w 2700k CFL i know it's less wattage but the temp will matter, i hope !
    Thanks for your answers !
    When do you think it will be ready for harvest? (a rough ETA would suffice)
    What is causing my yellow tips on my new growth? Over-feeding?

Attached Files:

5. Happy Flora universal fertilizer (im sure u never heard of this brand) NPK 3:2:3 + calcium + magnezium + sulphur + iron + manganese + boron + molybdenum that's what is says on the bottle im using the full strenght 8ml/1l. I will be using only bottled water for the next feedings, see how she reacts.

Apparently google's never heard of it either, lol. I would give it straight water next time and make sure your runoff ph is within range.

7. Could it be from over-feeding? The yellowing i mean, and should i trade my 25w 2700k CFL for 40w 6300k cfl?

8. #9 Thicken Dense, Apr 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2014

Could be, nute burn, nute lockout, ph lockout, and some deficiencies have the same exact symptoms. To fix the problem you need to narrow it down by process of elimination. I'd test the ph and give her plenty of water to flush out any residual salts that might be contributing to a lockout. Then you can play around with your nutrient doses, I'd dial back a bit at first. If all that fails to solve the problem then you might want to consider getting better nutrients.

I haven't had to deal with these issues since I went organic though, problem-free low-maintenance growing :smoke:

edit: stick with the 2700k, and add a few more if you can

9. I think it's nute burn since i use the reccomended dose for one liter, i use it on 750ml so yea...Anyways its's nothing seriouse i suppose.