First timer building stealth growbox!

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by gibier, Apr 16, 2016.

1. Hey everyone! :bongin: This is my first time growing and I just started building my stealth growbox. I will post pictures of every steps I take, write about what I've learn, bought, etc (it might help other newgrower) and was hoping to get help from the community to answer my questions and worries :gc_rocks:

Here's some info about my plan! The grow cabinet will be in my garage, so I dont mind about a little noise but I want to keep it as stealthy as possible, mainly odors! I will grow Northern Light Auto-flowering (first grow, want to keep it simple) under CFL light and planted in Soil! I will do LST/screen of green to keep them short. Inside walls will be covered in Mylar.

[​IMG]

Here's some questions (before cutting holes) ;

FIRST : I first wanted to put 4 passive air intake (hole with pvc pipe) one in every corner and one active air intake(4'' pc fan) is it too much for the space I have? is more the better? what do you guys think about it? Will also add a fan to mix the air in the box (would a pc fan do it?)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Active Air intake fan would be in the middle bottom part
    [​IMG]

Fan speed are controlled here!
    [​IMG]

SECOND : For the exhaust: I want to use a DIY carbon filter with a pc fan(80mm or 120mm would be best???) I would like to exhaust the air to the right side of the cabinet then outside. So I can keep light out and maximize the little space I have in the growing side.

Look at the picture below, can you tell me if that would work?
    [​IMG]

Thanks guys for any future answers! I'l keep you all updated very soon! :thankyou:

2. My first impression, other than that you seem to have a decent plan and grasp, is that you may need more fan power to push through the carbon filter while getting enough airflow to keep the area cool.

3. I have 2x 80mm fans and 2x 120mm fans... how could I use that the best way for intake and exhaust? Knowing I dont have much space in the growing room... Is it possible to put the air filter in the utility part(right side)?

Sent from my D5106 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. Update from this afternoon!

Gonna light proof it after I cover the inside in mylar
    [​IMG]

Also there's goin to be 6 bulbs, waiting to receive Y splitter!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

There is a 6" fan as exhaust in the top
    A 4" activ air intake

And im thinking to drill 4 holes in corners with PVC pipe for passive intake
    [​IMG]

Sent from my D5106 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. #5 kyla420, Apr 17, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2016
    I'd only go with intake holes at the bottom and exhaust fans up top. I have the same 80mm fans. My box is about the same size as yours and I use 3 of them for exhaust without a filter and it works pretty well but putting a filter on it will really decease the cfms. If I had to do it again I'd just buy an inline fan with filter instead, much less work.