First Timer Bubbleponics Questions

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by KingOfKek, Sep 21, 2014.

1. #1 KingOfKek, Sep 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2014
    Hello everyone,

I'm considering trying a bubbleponics grow for the first and I have some specific questions before attempting this. My setup is in a 4x4x6.5 tent with a 1000 watt lighting system, and scrog that is 3x3 with a single plant. So my questions are, what size rubbermaid should I get, what size net pot do I need for just a single large plant, and how much water should be in the reservoir at one time? Also, do I need the drip manifold since I am only doing one plant? In terms of nutrients, I use Fox Farm Grow Big, Big Bloom and Tiger Bloom, are these sufficient for bubbleponics? The guide it came with has a hydroponic feeding schedule but the Big Bloom looks like liquid poo, so I wonder if it would clog up the tubes.

Oh, and how do you lift the lid and work with the roots and check ph if you're using a scrog? It seems like lifting the lid would mash the plant into the screen.

Sorry if these questions are already up; I'm a noob grower and a noob poster. :)

Thanks for your help!

• Like Like x 1
  2. YouTube, YouTube, YouTube! I'm in my 3rd grow, and still learning!! Start smaller. 1000 watt is a lot of heat

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

3. Thanks for replying! YouTube is really helpful but I can't find a lot of info on this specific setup.  BTW I have the heat under control with an a/c and exhaust. I've been growing in soil for a while now and heard that hydro grows faster so I wanna try it out. 

4. If I was only growing 1 plant I would get a 15-20 gallon tank just in case you want to try 3 or 4 later. Plus thats plenty of room for the roots. I read to keep the water level an inch or two below the netpot. I used the top feeder just until the roots were hanging down in the water then I took it out, the roots that are not down in the water get enough water from the bubbles. Make sure you get a lot of bubbles = more oxygen. My top feeder didnt get clogged with those nutes. And not sure about your scrog question as im not using one this grow maybe next time.

• Like Like x 1
  5. #5 KingOfKek, Sep 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 24, 2014
    Thanks, this helps a lot. I was wondering about the top drip too. Did you leave the top drip on 24/7 until the roots touched the reservoir or did you have it come on in intervals? 

6. Yea I ran the top drip 24/7 wasnt long before some roots were hanging down in the water.