FIRST TIMER and i reallly need help

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by nunyabizs, May 22, 2012.

1. #1 nunyabizs, May 22, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2012
    So this is my first time, I'm useing a small hps lamp for the time being untill my 250w lamp shows, iv got a ph of 6.5 though I just raised it from 5.5 when I noticed some small burnt looking patches on the edges of a couple leafs and a smalll burnt tip. It sounds like either I nitrogen deficency or over feeding, but idk which, thus I am asking you. I'm useing a basic organic dirt mix, and a 5 gallon planter, any suggestions. Id also likee to note the leaves all got droopyish after I raised the ph.

Attached Files:

2. Pleeeaase, any suggestions, seems to be getting worse with every passing second

3. Hey dude, I've no idea how to grow, but I can tell you that Deacon's thread "what u smokin tonight?" has some really experienced growers who are nice and can advise you better. Good luck man, sorry I can't be of direct help.

4. my suggestion is to flush it out, stop adding nutes, and let it revive itself. you dont need nutrient until your plants cotyledons start to die.

if u dont know what the cotyledons are follow this link
    http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cotyledons

5. i suggest you flush it out, stop the nutes, and let it revive itself. you dont need nutrients so early. you should let the seedling grow until the cotyledons start to yellow.

if you dont know what the cotyledons are follow this link
    http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cotyledons

6. How would I flush it?

7. i suggest you flush it out, stop the nutes, and let it revive itself. you dont need nutrients so early. you should let the seedling grow until the cotyledons start to yellow.

8. ^sorry for the multiple posts.

anyways to flush you just need to make sure your bucket (or whatever ur using) has holes in the bottom and run (flush) water through the soil. it gets rid of the unused nutes

9. Use PH balanced water and add about 5 times what you would normally need, you will need to do it in a sink, bathtub, or outside or something like that since the majority of the water will come out the bottom. Make sure at the end your runoff water is still 6.5.

10. Fair enough, ill give it a shot, ty so much, thus far, ill kepp you posted

11. no nutes...flush like these guys said..what type of water are ya usin'.....plants sag after waterin..just for a bit..also durin' dark period..when thirsty and when overwatered..simple huh:D

12. Excellent!!! Seriously, I just ran 10 or so gallons of water through the dirt and the plant IMMEDIATLY perked up, I am wondering about the need for air rating the soil after, since its gonna be quite commpact after this much water, and I don't want to run the risk of either mold or the roots getting choked

13. If your container is small that shouldn't be a big problem. Sounds like your girl was thirsty, a plant that small doesn't have deep roots yet so you may have to do very small waterings (just enough to go down an inch or 2) until she establishes more roots.

14. get a couple of 23 watt cool white cfls and use those until she is 8 inches tall 6" away from the plant. She's a bit young for hot light unless it is pretty far away. When she drops her cotyledons she will have 4 or 5 leaf sets and be ready for stronger hotter lights.

15. what type of water:cool:

16. No my babys got herself a mcmansion pleeeenty of room so your probably right, (5 gallon planter) but I would be curious what you have to say on mold prevention, my place is pretty old. Thank yyou for your quick responses, all of you, btw, id ccry if my first one died on me after 15 days

17. Just regular tap water

18. just tap water

19. chlorine or chloramine:smoke:..ie..are ya treatin' it or lettin' it sit overnight;)

20. Tap, I just checked the ph lvls, they were 5.83-5.92 all around