First timer, 4x8 setup

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by setitandforgetit, Oct 26, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Hello!! This will be my fist indoor run! :) I finally had the time and money setup a little grow project. All input/advice welcome. My plan is to run 6 autos on one side while vegging out 4 photos on the other. once the autos are done i will flip the photos and add an additional led to the setup.(in place of the florecent bar on the left.) I plan on growing photos from then on. (unless the autos out perform my expectations) My veg area will be a seperate closet using florecent lighting. Im growing in organic super soil. I plan on drying in a seperate 2x4 tent.

gear:
    350cfm inline fan
    mars hydro 900w led
    phlizon 2000w cree cob led
    7 gal smart pots 20191024_234821.jpg 20191024_234838.jpg 20191025_203340.jpg 20191024_234821.jpg 20191024_234838.jpg 20191025_203340.jpg

2. Looks good mate. You might be pleasently surprised with the autos depending on what they are.
    Is that soil or coco in the pots?

3. Looks good mate. You might be pleasently surprised with the autos depending on what they are.
    Is that soil or coco in the pots?

• Like Like x 1
  4. thanks!!!! I sure do hope so. :) its soil. (SS topped with roots organics.) I have heard good things about coco, tho.

5. I'm afraid you don't have enough light for a 4x8 tent.
    Your Mars 900w is only 340 watts and your Phlizon 2000w is only 450 watts, for a total of 790 watts.
    The rule of thumb for chinese blurples is 50 watts per s/f.
    32 s/f x 50 = 1600 watts required for maximum plant growth.
    Good luck and welcome to GC. :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Did you miss a light in the details mate, i see 3 in there?

Im not a soill grower so wont be of much use to you sadly but plenty helpful folks round here to keep you on track. Mick certainly knows his stuff.

• Like Like x 1
  7. I’m a supersoil guy, as well as coco. Tell us more about the lights. Mick is correct with his formula, but I see a third light. You may only need to add a few panels to up your wattage, as well as coverage. This Dr. Meter Lux Meter will help you get even intensity with your lights.

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Thank you so much for the reply!! I was planning on copping another phlizon for the other side of the mars hydro (which I will also be replacing soon enough.) That would put me at 1240. Im only flowering (autos) in half of the tent for the first run, and im vegging my photos under the t5 pictured on the left side. Any suggestions for a good light to replace the mars with?? thanks again!! :)

• Like Like x 1
  9. its a t5, planning on vegging my photos on that side while i run my autos on the other. fasho! cheers!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Its just a t5, planning on veggin a couple photos on that side while i run the 6 autos on the other. thanks, ill have to check that out!

11. Ditch the Blurple and replace with qb style lights

Niemi LEDs
    HLG
    Kingbrite (Alibaba)

Just get as many boards as you can for even coverage. Get dimmable drivers so you can dial in on intensity with your light meter, and maintain 37.5-40 watts per sf for flowering.

• Like Like x 1
  12. looking into these rn, gonna cop asap. thank you so much!!

• Like Like x 1
  13. You’re welcome. Best bang for the buck. Lower wattage, higher yield. Super dense and frosty buds. Learn how to add uv during the grow, and you can increase potency as well.

• Like Like x 5
  14. 4x8 =32 square feet times 28 watts minimum of Samsung LEDs = 896 actual watts require .
    That is Minimum amount of require wattage using Samsung QB's for a 4x8 tent .
    Me I average 1200 to 1400 watts per 4x8 tent .

I am sold on the HLG 2v 288 R Spec Samsung Quantum board s
    One power supplier per four 2v 288 boards wired to a 240 ac voltage circuit .
    out put is 640 watts at 260 DC voltage at 3000 Ma divided in half because of the 240 ac circuit .

• Like Like x 2
  15. Dividing a 4x8 tent sucks because light wants to shine through . least around the tape .
    I used foil backed insulation foam board and taped the board in ..
    It was a light leaking nightmare ..
    I bought my tent mainly because I needed to control light ..
    Light leaking out blinding me.
    and light leaking in making plants hermi

Clones and small veg plants take up less room less light .
    best yields come from trained plants which mean s some plants cant be moved after a certain size .

• Like Like x 1
  16. Looking good.

• Like Like x 1
  17. If I’m running 2 QB96s on 320 driver in a 2x4 grow area ,what should my meter read for veg and what should it read for flower. I’m new to growing and learning about different lights as well so all these number and different things are a new language to me. I’m just trying to figure out what to set them at and how far away from the plants they should be???

IMG_2357.JPG

IMG_2358.JPG

• Like Like x 1