1. Win a Personalized Grasscity Stoner Kit! Subscribe to our Youtube for a chance to WIN!
    Dismiss Notice

First Time

Discussion in 'Indoor Marijuana Growing' started by Sublime Guy, Jul 7, 2003.

1. This is my first time growing and i know when the plants gets big enough your suposed to get 12 light 12 darck but i don't know when to start to do that. Any help?
  2. Do yourself a favour and buy yourself a timer. They cost 10 bucks. Your lights are always on 12/12 with the timer. Say you have to go to a party and can't be there to turn off your lights. Your oplants will thank you foy\r the timer!
  3. Thanks, i also wnat to know what the ratio for males VS females are.
  4. Under natural conditions the ratio of females to males is 50:50. Thing is that if plants get stressed then they tend towards becoming males or hermaphrodites (both sexes on the same plant). If your lucky, you'll get a 50:50 ratio.

On my first grow I had 8 seedlings and only 2 turned out to be female. I made a lot of major mistakes and stressed the hell out of them!

An alternative to trusting to luck and skill is to buy feminised seeds which SHOULD give you all female plants.
    Good luck.

5. If I had the cash I would definately go with the feminized seeds. They basically cost the same as other seeds. Say you buy 10 regular seeds for 100 dollars and 5 are females. That works out to 20 dollars a female.Now say you buy 10 feminized seeds for say 200 dollars that works out to the same amount for both seeds. Remember we only want the females.And we bypass the risk of pollination because all our plants are female. Feminized seeds are the way to go, its just your initial startup costs are more.

Grasscity Deals Near You