Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

First time

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Miandru, Mar 8, 2017.

1. I'd been curious about weed for awhile, I'm more of an introvert and prone to overthinking stuff so mix that with an open mind made me decide weed might be a nice way to relax. I haven't the foggiest how to procure my own (I'm hardly he clubbing type) but recently asked a friend how being high felt and we met up to smoke a joint. It wasn't a bad experience but not exactly what I was expecting either so I'm mainly looking for some advice and any tips for a total newbie.

She'd prepped the joints so I'm not sure how much she'd put in them though she said mine was lighter as I'm a total newbie as I don't smoke either. I'm European and I read the USA style is different but here it was weed with tobacco so I guess that contributed to it too. While smoking I felt a tiny bit giggly but that only lasted a few secs, no munchies or the like either. Mainly just a relaxing feeling and afterwards I slept well (generally have trouble with that) so of its own it was a nice experience. Maybe I expected too much but I'd expected a more altered state of mind or more feelings besides relaxation and feeling like my depth perception was off.

I tried the inhale and hold the smoke thing I read about on this forum, does that thing actually work? If I tried to inhale it too deeply/suck it down it mainly made me cough and didn't do too much else. Smoked some more in an attempt to get higher but my stomach didn't really agree so I did smoke more but took it calmly. Now if that was the tobacco not settling well or this "greening out" thing I read I haven't the foggiest.

It was a nice experience and I'm thankful to the person but mainly looking for some advice to enjoy it more :). Guess the combo of some nerves, being a non smoker, not really having a clue how to smoke didn't help. Type of weed and if its a sativa or an indica etc also matter I guess, I didn't know there were THAT many types. Guess I'm more curious about a sativa experience but indica is best for getting relaxed after a stressful week of work? Thanks for the advice :).

• Like Like x 1
  2. Sativas are great for stress and depression as well. ..gets the mind off the stressors of everyday life.....hell, marijuana saved me and is still to this day help cope with everyday bullshit.

I too am introverted, only go out if I need to and it's back home to recharge. ...people wear me out.

• Like Like x 4
  3. If you try indica and don't want to spend a couple hours on the couch, make sure you have something to keep you moving and active.

4. Yeah I know the feeling Ugodzilla...I like hanging out with peopel and some group activities can be fun but in doses..

Any recommendations Grizzly? Thought an indica mainly made you a couch potato as a rule..

• Like Like x 1
  5. try smoking more weed rather then a spliff ( weed and tobacco mixed ) or try using various tools to smoke maybe a pipe or bong. just took my first bong rip today wasn't a big one and man i got stoned really fast

6. Is there that big a difference between spliffs and pure weed when it comes to getting high? I'll need to ook into some different forms, vaporizers also seem interesting (healthier?)

7. Cannabis is a good herb. Most research says it does not cause disease like cancer. Tobacco on the other hand is poison. The adverse feeling in your stomach is actually nicotine poisoning. Cannabis should be smoked or vaped all by itself. I know in Europe it is custom to smoke with tobacco but some customs need to be broken. I see many posts from newbies that try a spliff or a blunt and are perplexed as to why they are going to or have vomited. It is nicotine poisoning. Simple as that.

• Like Like x 1
  8. I had assumed the nicotine was the cause or a big part but smoking anything burned doesn't sound too healthy Will need to research the up- and downsides of the different forms. I'm actually finding too many topics about it so curently filtering things :p.

9. Edibles are a good way to experience cannabis as far as healthy goes. But down side is you kinda need a lot of bud to do it right and when done right it will hit you hard. Not recommended for novices. Vape is probably healthier than smoking because you are not inhaling combusted plant material. But here again please don't screw that up by adding tobacco. Pure simple cannabis is the only way. You should come out to California and we will show you how to do it.

10. Edibles seem interesting but yeah, they seem quite hard and probably waaaay too heavy for me. Nah I'm a not smoker which is one of the reasons vaping seems more interesting. Vaping also seems more convenient though a bigger start investment. California'd be sweet to visit though quite expensive and with Trump I'm unsure how long EU citizens can enter the USA :p.

11. Trump sent us back about 60 years as far as international relations go. Farther if we're talking about race relations.

12. I agree with Fooey about edibles and about Trump :), an edible high can last upwards of 5+ hours and will hit you harder, but will take out the problem that you may have had with inhaling, holding it in, etc. Whether you are a novice or not, the golden rule with edibles is to always take it slow and let it digest from anywhere between 30 minutes till two hours. Try them and just start your night early and take it slow. As for the first joint you smoked, there could be a lot of variables as to why you didn't get that high you were expecting. Firstly, if you are used to getting drunk and was expecting that, then I can see where you may be somewhat taken back. Also, it comes down to quality of the weed that she was rolling. Strains matter but if she rolled up some dirt weed or some reg, than it wouldn't be as potent as mid's or top shelf dank.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Hmmm, it's starting to feel liek I should get a notebook for all this information...Seems to be a long to do list between method of consumption, what type, how to tell the quality etc :p. Always good to be informed though :). Haven't been drunk , not a fan of alcohol. It's quite "amusing" how alcohol is so normal here yet weed is the bane of society according to some...

14. Long and short of it is, don't mix tobbaco with your cannabis.

15. Especially if it's your first time smoking either one.