Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

First time

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by CuChulainn93, Dec 9, 2016.

1. I'm 23 years old, had Cystic Fibrosis my entire life, so smoking has never been an option. So now, me and a few friends are going to bake some brownies, go up to some property my family owns in a really secluded place, and enjoy our Friday night.

Here's the plan. bare in mind we're dealing with around 2-2.5 grams:

PLAN:
    (Part 1- Create Cannabutter)
    -Break up bud into small chunks
    -Wrap in tinfoil (keep mainly in middle)
    -Put in 270 degree oven for 30 mins
    -Cut 6 tablespoons of butter
    -Put weed and butter into a jar
    -Fill a pot with water
    -Put jar into the pot
    -Put the pot on a stove, heat at setting 4 for 1 hour
    -Filter into a container

Step 2- Brownies
    -Pour cannabutter into a bowl with with 2 eggs, brownie mix and flour
    -Stir
    -Pour into baking tray
    -30 mins in oven at 150 degrees
    -Voila

Any glaring flaws?

2. None that I see, most details are pretty subjective. I prefer using oil like coconut oil instead of butter, and using that as my butter substitute. For whatever reason butter infusions always taste gross to me. Either way tho, you will get baked!

Never seen a brownie mix require 150 degrees, but just follow the directions and you will be good. Even if you bake it at 350 degrees the brownies themselves only reach a temp of 170 or something... Can't remember why or whatever... I dunno, science bitches.

3. Cheers Dolph, here's hoping.

4. Just crumble up your weed real fine and add it to the brownie mix . No need to make the cannabudder . No need to decarboxylate weed in the oven . Just mix up the batter throw the finely ground weed in the batter and bake as directed . You may need to add a bit extra water to the batter . That's it Ol' hippy style

5. This on
    This only works depending on the temperature your brownie mix will reach. If his batch only reaches 125 degrees for example, he will feel nothing.

Your method works, it's just not fail safe for a first timer. Always best to decarb, either way though, good luck

6. I've always been a fan of slow cooking butter or coconut oil, has always come out really potent when you let it hang out for a few hours. I guess I'm always making butter in bulk tho. Go easy with the edibles if it's your first time. I've been a habitual smoker for over 10 years and I get blitzed off the littlest bit of edibles. Have fun!

7. 2 grams split 4 ways (4 cookies)- would half of one cookie be enough to experience feeling high do you think?

8. As a group of friends doing it together, I'd say the placebo effect will take over regardless. That sounds stupid but it's not a bad thing, my best highs always come while doing it with like minded individuals. More is better but if 2 is what you got, cook it up, eat and relax. I'd wager you will all be having a good time within the hour.

9. Yeah I believe so.. I think it's easiest to eat less, wait and hour and eat more if you're not feeling it then it is to eat a full dose and end up in panic attack land.

• Like Like x 1