First time with coco

Discussion in 'Coco Coir' started by euphoria526, Mar 31, 2020.

1. expect to pull about 150 grams when everything goes well.
    I went with the quantum board from the get go and i can tell you there the best, why spend twice !

2. #22 euphoria526, Apr 1, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2020
    so, I ended up listening to most of you guys and doubled my lighting budget and ended up getting a 330w chilLED grow craft x-2

3. so ive ultimately decided to go with jacks 321 for nutrients, cheaper than the canna and their formula has been proven and seems pretty foolproof in design to follow, mixed with seeing some damn good buds from the results. planning on charging the coco brick with a 1/4 strength solution, following that to the end of 2nd week, going to half strength for weeks 3-4 and then going full strength weeks 5- flower.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Nice man, shud be killer.

5. #25 euphoria526, Apr 8, 2020
    that is the hopes. I got the tent up, ventilation comes this week, light should be here within a week also.
    now the thing im struggling with is drainage, I know a shopvac was and will always get suggested first. Im trying to hand water the 3 plants and NOT have to vacuum lol

I am thinking of a raised metal, grate type of situation I can put water collection bins under and swap out the bins without disrupting the plants.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. this might be my solution. adjustable vertically and just under 3 feet.

7. My first drain to waste system was on a slightly pitched platform of corrugated steel roofing, that drained in a section of rain gutter. I’m a contractor so it was all materials I had. Then I had a hose coming from the gutter to a bucket head shop vac that was on a timer to turn on 20 minutes after each feed to empty the gutter. I’ll see if I can find a pic. You can see my manifold for the autofeed system in a couple pics

BCF8BB8F-D0D6-4E56-AC79-9B64E6F28691.jpeg 14E42BDE-72D4-4F38-A149-948A17F44303.jpeg A321C53C-F46F-457D-9284-5DB9A5825A20.jpeg 26CA04A4-22B7-40D4-9D17-217023B1BF2B.jpeg

8. man im jealous lol. I wish I had the means and ingenuity to make something like that. mine will be all hand watered and drained, so thinking of ways to work smarter, not harder lol

• Like Like x 2
  9. #29 euphoria526, Apr 8, 2020
    another thing I on the hunt for is coco, wats a good one to grab on amazon? bag or brick? I cannot find the roots organic bricks on there, but they have the loose coco. the bricks I was originally going to grab won't be restocked till april19th.
    stupid side question: after mixing the coco and if I happen to have more than I need, can I just tuck that away in a container and save it for later?

10. Ok, waiting for the ratcheting screwdriver to finish putting the lights together. I have it mostly hand tightened, so I’m not putting it up yet. Got the coco, perlite and the pots. Nutes should be here tomorrow. now I’m debating on precharging the coco. I got canna coco bricks, and they do mention that they come pre buffed. Since the jacks comes with the calcium and magnesium separately, I can do a 1/4 mix with those two with the coco to charge, correct? I don’t want to fuck this up before I start

11. I got the Mother Earth premixed coco & perlite from Amazon. I think it’s 50L.

12. I already purchased the brick. Only issue with the bag stuff is my extremely limited space for storage

13. Oh ok. It’s my understanding that once the brick is wet, it’s ok to store as long as the lid is off and you stir it around once in awhile until it dries out. That’s what I’ve done when I got the brick in the past and it was ok.

14. That’s what I was thinking also. So, today I should be getting my nutrients (jacks321),
    Planning on hydrating 10L of coco with 3/4 strength nutrients and using that for the first two weeks of sprouting and when I transfer to the 2 gal pots go full strength, with possibly flower fuel closer to flowering. I am getting advised by someone who is getting phenomenal results using their method. On IG @microwledgrow I know some of you folks have gotten ‘hot’ results with jacks, but imo that’s the beauty of it. Adjusatibily!!!

any thoughts on this plan?

15. Ok got my makeshift adjustable stand today, and it looks like it’ll work out perfect!
    I’m thinking I can MAYBE fit another catch tray underneath, but I’ll have to cut up another plastic tub I have laying around. Will be Hand watered, and hand drained. Either to a bigger tub or down the drain or toilet. Not sure because of the coco fibers :/
    Anyway here are some pics of it after I put it together and mocked up in the tent. Should get the lights up today or tomorrow. On to the pics!
    mocked up with 1 tray centered:
    [​IMG]

M
    aybe squeeze another one in there?
    [​IMG]

mockup in tent centered:
    [​IMG]

full size with no lights up yet:
    [​IMG]

thoughts and opinions?

16. ok got my ppm/ec meter today and used this equation to calculate EC, ( EC= ppm x 2) /1000
    tap water is around 208 ppm = .416 EC
    run through with coco = .424

17. I only know ppms and I don’t even really use meters anymore. That doesn’t sound too bad. Tap is a little high but well within range. Probably a lot of calcium which is good for coco.

18. Nice man, keep the feed under ph of 6ish and you will be a weiner.

19. dammit I forgot to put coco ppm, its at 212, not much of a noticeable change from the tap at all.
    ill let you guys know what happens when the beans pop, hopefully by tomorrow afternoon ill get taproots and I can get them into the cups!!!!! so fucking excited!!!!

• Like Like x 2
  20. Run a range of 5.7-6.3ph for your feeds. This will help uptake of all micronutrients as well as the macros. Don’t be afraid to mix up a large batch if you’re not using organic nutrients. I ran a 55 gallon res for a couple years on an autofeed system. That lasted 10-14 days and I adjusted ph down once before refilling.

• Agree Agree x 1