Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

First time with butter. How does it look?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by karmaJane419, Apr 9, 2016.

1. [​IMG]

I used a lb of butter. Does this look about right?

2. What have you got there? What are the layers? If that's butter on top it looks right. Let us know what you make and how it turns out, please. Also, how did you make your butter?

3. Please don't take this the wrong way but are you trying to get high or gain weight ?? I don't see a very high ratio of cannabis material to oil.. And your likely going to have to consume most of that pound of butter to get high.. At least I know I would..
    This is what i do straight from BadKats canna oil thread
    Step 1. Decarb cannabis 220-240 degrees F for 40 to 60 minutes in a covered metal dish, sealed foil pouch, oven cooking bag,
    Step 2. crush-powder now decarbed material..
    Step 3.Cover with just enough coconut oil to make a thin paste with.. any oil will do coconut is best-fastest..
    Step 4. add 10-20% soy lecithin to the amount of oil used.. Just eyeball it.. 3 teaspoons of oil will need about 1/2 teaspoon of lecithin..
    Step 5. heat covered for 20 minutes at 220 degrees then freeze..
    Now you have a very potent batch of canna oil.. You'll have to experiment to find your dose .. Have fun..
    =============================
    [​IMG]
    The MCT and Avocado oil are in very minor amounts and are not really needed..
    I use dry ice hash-kief and make capsules but the basic processing is identical for powdered bud.. Decarb, blend with oil and lecithin then heat and freeze..
    [​IMG]
    Three additional heats and freezes will change the high to more of a sleep aid if that's your goal.. You can just add your finished tablespoon or so of canna oil to most any baked item and cook normally just remember it's anywhere between 10 and 30 doses if you make it as strong as I do.. Some testing is required as to much is a stone bitch.. Spins and puking like being way to drunk is very possible so take a bit of care..

BNW

• Like Like x 1
  4. Cannabis material to oil? Maybe because I'm new I'm misunderstanding what you mean by that. This was after I strained it through and let it cool down before putting it in the container and refrigerate, to seperate from the water. So is the cannabis material you're referring to what I strained out? I only used a zip of mids...Not dank so maybe thats why it seems to not be potent? After it solidified this is what I got. 1460219410132.jpg

I put a little over a teaspoon on some toast this morning and I'm actually feeling pretty nice, but maybe I have a low tolerance for edibles? I'm new to this so I really appreciate any input.

5. What I blend up has the consistency of porridge when warm and is just enough warm oil to blend up the hash I use.. I started with just a few ground up buds in a tablespoon of coconut oil with some lecithin.. Use way less oil-butter and more weed.. Strain or not as you choose.. I don't as I don't mind the taste and ground to flour like powder it's no trouble to eat..

Hash Master 5000 - Dry Ice Method, Hash Oil Capsules, Everclear Tincture
    Here is my oil and tincture thread so have a look and see what's easy for you to create.. I had an upper respiratory infection and couldn't smoke at all for over a month but I use it medically so I really had to find an effective repeatable method..

BNW