Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

First time VG tincture recipe..

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Brahmza, Dec 14, 2014.

1. Hey everyone, this will be my first time attempting a tincture, and I've been looking through a dozen or so recipes and guides to figure out how I want to do mine. I decided on VG because the idea of vaping it through an ecig/dripper is enticing to me. Here's my list of supplies...

Note: This is the heated method of extraction

30 grams of mid-grade shake
    32oz of food grade vegetable glycerine
    2-quart crock pot
    cheesecloth? (I've read mixed things on its use, some praise it, some despise it)
    glass baking dish
    mason jar
    glass dropper bottles
    food thermometer

My plan is to decarboxylate the material in the oven for 30 minutes at 250 degrees in the glass baking dish, then toss 15 grams (1/2) of it into a mason jar and cover it with VG. I'll fill the crock pot with enough water so that it is the same level as the glycerin in the jar, and heat it to 180 degrees for roughly 8 hours, stirring and shaking along the way. After this full cycle is done, I will strain through the cheesecloth into a second mason jar, and fill up the new jar with the remaining 15 grams of material and repeat the heating/stirring process for another 8 hours (I haven't seen many people do multiple cycles, but I would assume this will increase the potency of the tincture, correct me if I'm wrong). After the second cycle, I will allow to cool somewhat and strain through cheesecloth into a separate container, then divide it out into smaller dropper bottles as needed.

Sorry for the lengthy post, I'm quite inexperienced when it comes to extractions, cooking, etc. (I've only made firecrackers and a 'meh' batch of QWISO).

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated! I plan to whip this all up on Wednesday, and I'll probably document the process here.