Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Chronic Pain First Time User

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Littlebit1949, Sep 4, 2018.

1. I am a 70 year old female with clumped nervers in my spinal column causing constant pain and cronic neck pain. I just stared using mmj and my doctor recommended vaping and a subliminal. A young man at Trueleve said Sativa for vaping and Indigo for the tincture. Well a few days of experimenting every time I would vap my pain progressively increased. It was actually worst prior to vaping. Now the tincture takes about 30-40%of the pain away but I am still adjusting the doses. Does anyone have any words of wisdom.

Thanks

• Like Like x 2
  2. #2 GorillaGherkin, Sep 4, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2018
    39AC52EE-E672-4F92-B6D2-6EBAB3B2024C.jpeg
    97932FBE-CCC8-4A18-9B16-90EDB991E378.jpeg
    3751E5BA-F997-45FA-BEE5-66CB911E4CF9.jpeg
    Cannabis and Neuropathy: How Marijuana Helps Treat Neuropathic Pain

If your vaporizer has tempature control here are a few charts that will help you choose a temp to vape at.
    I’d try the strain called headband and cannatonic if you can get your hands on it.
    Make some butter with a heavy indica so you have some edibles at night so you can sleep. I usually save my vaped material and make butter out of it.

• Like Like x 4
  3. High Littlebit

Did he suggest trying something with a good amount of CBD in it?

I find using something with a high CBD ratio like 2:1, CBD:THC works best for my arthritis. I also find using it in edible form works best of all so I cook it up in coconut oil. See my sig for how I do that.

A dose in the evening gives me relief for most of the next day and I sleep really well too. The CBD also regulates the high from the THC so I can take larger doses without going all trippy. The buzz is more like being tipsy from few drinks than ripped on pot.

Not sure how it would work on nerve pain but I've read quite a few posts that it helps others.

Worth a try.

Good luck.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Microdosing. Start slow. Remember you will always come down, don't panic. Let Mary work her magic!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Thank you so much for all your wonderful information.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Thanks so much.

• Like Like x 1
  7. No problem good luck. Took me about 4 months to get it all down. I start my day with cbd, then a hybrid, then a heavy indica around dinner and then a edible before bed. You’ll find your strain that works for you just takes time.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. I appreciate everyone’s suggestions but here is my dilemma. Florida is a medical marijuana state and the only choices I have are Saliva, Indigo and the Hybrid.. I took six drops of the tincture this morning and it helped but boy did I get tired. I thought of vaping to wake me up but first I didn’t know if that was a good idea and second it just intensifies the pain, as I said before. So here I am again asking for advice.

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 2
  9. Fishy.

I suspect troll

La vie est drôle

10. Nah, everything checks out.

A lot of people just don't know the basics. That's understandable at that age, too. I just don't believe she is getting the real help she needs from Truelieve (which is not surprising) and these charts can be confusing when you do not understand Cannabis and all that it entails. I see it every day...more people than you know just do NOT know the basics. I used to be shocked by it but now I realize that it is what it is. If she checks out that article and then does a bit more research, the helpful suggestions will make more sense. :)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. o

• Like Like x 1
  12. No disrespect taken. I am not a troll just in a lot of pain and new to the medical marijuana.
    RMJL, I will do my homework, thanks.

• Like Like x 3
  13. here is a thread here on GC that really goes into depth on how to titrate your cannabis dosages with other active compounds Cannabis Black Pepper.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Thank you very much!

• Like Like x 3
    • Like Like x 1