Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

First Time User - Not As Much Effect As Expected

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Mutatis, Apr 18, 2014.

1. #1 Mutatis, Apr 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2014
    So, I just tried pot for the first time about three hours ago. I'm using a vaporizer (a small, portable one), and I am sorta let down by the effect. I should also say I regularly use Oxycodone (one reason I am trying weed--I'd like to stop taking so much of that). I've tried three "draws" now. The first draw had no effect, though it did make me cough. The second, not much effect, and I just tried a third draw, and I inhaled the vapor a little quicker, and I'm feeling a bit relaxed.

So, I'm wondering, is this a normal first experience? I guess I've seen so many dramatizations on TV of people getting high on weed and acting like it's an out-of-this world experience. And maybe since I'm feeling it now, it just takes some time. I've heard smokers say it took them a few times to smoke it before feeling anything, but that was with smoking it.

Thanks for reading.

2. Also, I only did one draw/inhale each time, as I thought that's all one needed.

3. Give yourself some down time... then roll a joint and smoke it all. Come back and let us know how amazing you feel lol
    Vaporizers may seem very simple to use but certain ones really need a certain technique to get yourself nice and stoned.

4. #4 THE D E A, Apr 18, 2014
    I've heard some people dont get high on their first time. get good quality bud and you will be lit.
    if bud isnt a issue, more weed will def get you lit lol

5. #5 Airf0nz0, Apr 18, 2014
    Vaporizers have a bit of a learning curve.  Let me ask, when you inhale/exhale do you see any visible vapor?  When I take a full hit on my vaporizer (v-tower) I can see a full exhale of vape even if i hold my breath as long as I can.

*edit*
    I don't know how other people do it but if I can't see visible vape I'm not vaping.

6. that's your problem... take a bunch of little hits till you fill your lungs...hold it in and exhale.

7. I'm using a Magic Flight Launch Box. I see it fill with vapor, I inhale it--I can see it moving through the glass straw--breath it in as deeply as possible and hold for about 10-15 seconds. I don't see any vapor when I exhale. I watched more than one tutorial of how to use it, and I know the mechanics of the thing isn't the problem. The weed is still green, but I am seeing more brown flakes in there after I shake it up. I say this because I know I'm not trying to toke burnt weed. I also have no reason to think what I got is low quality stuff--the woman who sold it to me was recommended by my cousin, a very experienced smoker. Next time, I'll try a few hits instead of one.

I don't want to smoke it because of my disability. I've never smoked anything, and without getting to technical, a lot of coughing could hurt my throat. Plus, I heard vaping makes the weed last longer, as well as being healthier.

I've been reading about first time users, and it seems like a lot don't get high the first time. Some say it's because the body needs to get used to the THC, others say that's BS.

Thanks for the replies.

8. There's a systematic way of smoking from that thing. I own one and use it occasionally depending on how stealthy I have to be. 
    Press and hold the battery, wait 5 seconds, then toke. As you toke release the battery and inhale all the smoke in the stem. Once your done toking, press and hold the batter again (meanwhile exhale gently). Do this back and forth and once you get the rhythm going you'll get high. 

I still say though, just roll a joint and smoke the whole thing.

9. #9 Mutatis, Apr 18, 2014
    I'd smoke it if I didn't think it'd possibly cause injury.

Also, could being an Oxycodone user have something to do with it. I take quite a bit--more than my prescription calls for--because I've built a tolerance. The oxy makes me feel relaxed and like nothing in the world is wrong, sometimes. I actually ran out of my oxy and can't get it filled 'til monday, so I'm hoping this weed will help battle the withdrawal symptoms, which I've had before and suuuuuuuck.

10. Smoke a joint like the others have said. You will get high, not as bad as the movies like you said, but you'll feel pretty good. The high is much different than the oxy. I was a severe addict for 2 years, I hope you will pull through the oxy use.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. I had your problem my first couple times. Honestly just hold your hits and smoke ALOT. For some people (like me) you have to break this sort of barrier. Once you do it might be your best high ever. When I broke it, it took 15 hits off a bong loaded with kush and green crack

12. I had your problem my first couple times. Honestly just hold your hits and smoke ALOT. For some people (like me) you have to break this sort of barrier. Once you do it might be your best high ever. When I broke it, it took 15 hits off a bong loaded with kush and green crack

13. I had your problem my first couple times. Honestly just hold your hits and smoke ALOT. For some people (like me) you have to break this sort of barrier. Once you do it might be your best high ever. When I broke it, it took 15 hits off a bong loaded with kush and green crack

14. That pharma fucks up your brain

15. I've been doing it some more, and I'm getting high now. Just had to take more in. I'm all good now.