Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

First time trying weed strange feelings

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by ChildInTime, Sep 26, 2013.

1. So I vaped weed yesterday for the first time nearly without any effects, and today again vaped 2 full vapor genies. Now feelings so far:
    - Pressure in the head and eyes
    - Drunk feeling
    - Extremely red eyes
    - Swollen face feeling

Absolutely no positive or relaxing feelings so far, feels like alcohol but without any happy feelings.

Is it possible that this weed is just really bad? I get it from my friend who grows himself, he said it's good weed. Or maybe I should give it one more try tomorrow :)
    P.S. When you buy weed is it supposed to have stems? 

2. Try again tomorrow. You probably just smoked way too much. Go easy next time. 

Oh and yes it will have stems but most people pick them out because they can apparently give people headaches when smoked. I smoke them and have no problems, though.

3. It's not unusual for weed to have stems when you buy it, so yes it's normal. If it's a ton of stems though, I wouldn't call it good weed.
    And op, I've never felt like that... I usually feel pretty great stoned.
    Hopefully you have a better experience soon

4. Put on good music or something funny next time.  None of those feelings really seem strange to me though.

5. OHHHHHHH sounds like time for a T-Break.... dun dun dunnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!

6. By strange I mean not the ones you would expect from weed. I mean I would prefer to be sober rather than in this strange state.

It can't be that I smoked too much, I still feel quite normal just with strange pressure to my head and eyes and drunk feeling, I am not stoned at all.

7. Try it a couple more times. If it doesn't feel good then weed just isn't for you.

8. Smoke some weed and listen to the musical stylings of The Carpenters.

9. It might be the strain. Also, weed just isn't for everyone.

Mobile reppin

10. Vaporizing gives off a different type of high than smoking, so maybe you should smoke it tomorrow and see if you still feel the same.

11. Yea give it a couple more shots. I remember the first few times I got high it was great, but the next day I would compare the experience I had while high with being sober and I liked sober better.
    But maybe it was because being sober was more familiar. Then slowly, I became more familiar with the highness and liked it even more woo :)

12. I felt this the first few times I smoked. Exactly what you described. pressure in the head and just a little off and I preferred being sober. I'm not sure what it is but one day I went to my cousins hit the bong and the volcano got baked out
    of my mind and enjoyed it ever since.

Keep it up and eventually you'll get past the threshold. I didn't enjoy it until like my seventh time. And trust me, you'll know when you've done it right because you'll be high as fuck and shit will start to get cray cray. At least that's what happened to me with 0 tolerance 3 fat bong hits and 3 fat volcano hits.

13. Yes you are!  You just don't recognize it.  You're comparing it to alcohol and being drunk.  I went through the same thing my first time too, looking for similarities and differences.  Forget that!  Weed is a whole different thing!  Just do a little bit and let it do what ever it does.  Don't worry about if you are getting stones or not.  If you keep on experimenting with it pretty soon you will "feel" it and recognize it.  Then decide if you like it or not.  Not everyone does.  Lots of people don't at first.  If you only get a little high next time you're more likely to like it.

14. Yeah like what everyone else is saying. Weed sort of has a threshold 'affect' on most, I myself was just like this when I first started. The real feeling of a good ol' weed high should happen around the 4th time smoking. Give it at least 10 more tries and you'll be flying high every time.

15. i've felt great every high, sketched like shit but always felt great. ur weird

16. I think you just smoked to much for your tolerance level (which is none). I didn't really enjoy it my first couple times ethier, it was overwhelming to say the least. After a few times you'll start to build a tolerance and be able to enjoy it. And after a while you'll be able to function normally while baked. That's when you start to get the relaxing awesome feeling of it more then just the holy fuck I'm zoned feeling imo. But damn savor the no tolerance stage man cause after you get one you realize how much tolerance sucks lol.

17. exactly this^ 
    maybe it's due to because its your first time trying weed and you vaped it. try just smokin a bowl or something and see if you get the same effects. vaping is a completely different high than just smokin and tokin the herb. when i vape it's like i'm on a cloud floating around like i'm lighter than air but when i smoke, it's like damn i'm blazed. just keep tryin it was only your first couple times so don't give up on it yet

18. It's not unusual for weed to have stems when you buy it,[​IMG]

19. #19 ChildInTime, Sep 28, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2013
    Thanks guys   :)

So vaped again yesterday and today. Yesterday vaped full VG bowl (0.1-0.2g), was 7-8 good hits. Same today thing today.

Unfortunately all I feel is dizziness and swollen face, I feel quite drunk but nothing more. Maybe I am supposed to vape more weed? Because now I am doing ~1.5gr. I though it would be enough of full loaded VG.

OH and forgot to mention that "high" lasts ~1.5 hours or so and that's it. So i guess it's either really bad stuff, or I am just not taking enough.

20. Try smoking instead of vaping. Its much different.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Grasscity Forum mobile app