Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

first time trying edibles?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by WhatsGoodToday, Dec 2, 2016.

1. Friend gifted me 2 10mg sour gummy stars and I haven't injested THC in a while. Did like once in march and before that was like 2 years ago. Anyways how should I go about taking a amount for first time? Should I tear a small piece, eat half, or take alot of it? I know it says to wait like a hour if I need to take more or something if i'm not feeling effects? How long do edibles usually stay in your system also, because my job and all. The gummies smell really potent also. How's the feeling also compared to just smoking?

2. I don't know if I'm the norm or not, but I'll tell you about my experience with them. I've tried them several times and they came from one of the smoke shops in Colorado. A friend has family up there and she would often send care packages to her daughter who is a friend. But honestly, I never got what you would call a buzz from the edibles any time I tried them. It was more a feeling of relaxation in the body...I guess, is the best way I could explain it. Since the THC is ingested and goes through the stomach and into the blood stream, it is going to take some time for you to feel any affects at all and that recommendation of waiting at least an hour before taking anymore, is also a good one. It takes at least that amount of time to get into the system. Since you're not a big user, I would start with a portion of one and see what that got me. You can always take some more if you don't think you've had enough, but once it goes in it doesn't come back out. LOL I don't believe you're in any danger of having some big negative experience by any means. And like I said, the feeling I've gotten from edibles is nothing like the buzz I get from smoking weed. But I also have used it for years and that's going to be the thing that would make our experiences different. Just go slow and don't overdo it. It should be an enjoyable experience not a bad memory. Have fun. TWW

• Like Like x 1
  3. I had a rice Krispy edible months ago. My high lasted a full week and in the second week I felt buzzed. I suggest you eat half.

ferína

4. Depending on the size of the edible.

ferína

5. a full week wtf

6. It's only 20mg. I use to eat like 70mg when I started and I was fine

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

7. th
    thanks for that comment, I appreciate it

8. What kind of edible was it?

ferína

9. It was two gummies. I use to take 2-3 at once and it got me stoned for two days until my tolerance got higher

• Like Like x 1
  10. can smoking a blunt get you high for 2 days? jw because damn 2 days with a edible didn't know that was possible

11. Smoking a blunt won't get you high for two days. INGESTING THC can.

ferína

• Like Like x 1
  12. My plug was selling gummies at one point but I don't fw edibles because I don't like how long it lasts.

ferína

13. #13 Quantary, Dec 2, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2016
    Everyone's different. After getting used to edibles, smoking doesn't get me that high any more, unless it's from a bong, and even then it lasts about 1/2 hour before it fades.

I use about an 1/8th oz per month and medicate almost daily, (estimated 20 mg doses) the high from edibles lasts 4-6 times longer than smoking. Unfortunately my lungs can't hack it any more, and I live in a non 420 friendly house, so it's pretty rare.

14. damn I didn't know edibles could last so long the effect

15. Edibles barely get me high... Doesn't matter if i ingest >More or <Less
    > Sick feeling in stomach
    < Only Body high
    Just the way it works for me, different upon everyone - just take them both, make sure you've got the day free with no stress. Do what you normally do & relax :)
    Cheers

16. @Scythe
    Sorry but I have to call BULLSHIT on that statement.. If they work at all you just need a stronger dose made by a competent canna cook with concentrates not weed..
    Nobody I've met yet can withstand my kief based canna oil.. It slams the hell out of every single user hand down..
    5 grams of decarbed hash-kief-concentrate (decarb = 240 F for 40 minutes
    1 tablespoon coconut oil
    1/2 teaspoon lecithin
    Blend and heat 220 F for 20 minutes then freeze..
    Makes 30 killer caps or added to brownie mix it's 30 doses or more.. Cut small and call me when your trip ends.. 8 hours or more.. Caution to much will not be fun.. Hands and knees with the spins and dry heaves if you really over do it..
    Dosage can vary wildly.. A single drop of this stuff will overwhelm my wife but after using it for 2 years I can take 400 times that and still function.. I'm stoned off my ass 24-7 but I can still walk and mostly talk.. :)
    It took nearly 600 mg to finally shut my neighbor up after listening to him spout the same I never get high off edibles.. Now he's half scared of them, silly ass I told you not to take 4 of my hash caps at once.. But no he shows up at my door 90 minutes later wild eyed tripping his brains out.. LMAO
    BNW

• Like Like x 2
  17. yeah i feels you, I usually only take edibles if I have a long boring weekend of no work

• Like Like x 1
  18. nope. the longest I've had high last was 5 hours then I feel a little 'weird' until I fall asleep. Yeah edibles keep you high for day's, the next day you are super stoned but still. can feel a good amount

19. Ya im with BNW, anyone who doesnt feel it didnt eat enough.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Ahh cool What do you do for work ?

ferína.