Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

First time trying edibles

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by KingDank, Feb 7, 2013.

1. So me and my buddy are gonna try edibles for the first time this weekend. I've read about and apparently edibles hit you pretty hard?
    Planning to make firecrackers, so how much herb would you recommend to put in one for a first time edible eater haha. It will be highgrade ganja so keep that in mind lol cheers!

2. I would put in .5 if you really want to get fucked up. Also there's a how to make firecrackers thread by aciid which came out pretty strong for me

3. 0.5 each will get you pleasantly ripped.

4. Two nights ago I tried edibles for the first time.. it was actually my first time with weed ever. I'm a girl about 110lbs & I hadn't eaten since 2 or 3pm, and I had a firecracker (graham cracker with peanut butter) about 9pm that the guys said was "weak" because it was .2 , but I got so fucked up. They say I might have reacted bad because I went into it scared, which I did, I've always been kind of a pussy with "drugs" n shit. Anyway, it hit me like an hour later and I thought everything was so fucking funny all of a sudden. I felt dizzy and I kept leaning and was told my head was moving in circles LOL. Something would happen and I would keep laughing because since I could only focus on one thing, I would focus soooo hard on it I would just keep laughing. Then I felt all self-conscious and I'd try SO hard to stop but in order to do that I'd have to stare at something in order to focus simply on NOT laughing. Then I'd picture myself zoning like a stereotypical stoner and that'd make me laugh all over again. Eventually I was so scared I couldn't control myself that I just wanted to cry. So every time I'd laugh I'd want to cry at the same time... it was so dumb. I kept telling the kid next to me to "knock me out" if I got annoying hahahaha. Then I had to pee and I could hardly walk away to do it. We were outside at a bonfire and I stumbled away like a drunk behind a bush. I undid my belt and my subconscious kept telling me no, not here. I had someone hold my hand and walk me to the bathroom inside instead. It just kept going downhill. I would mildly hallucinate.. I saw worms in the fire and I felt paranoid about everything. I imagined that everyone was staring at me and everyone was judging me and all I wanted to do was fall asleep and wake up normal again. The rest of the night was extremely hazy. I remember my boyfriend showing up and I couldn't stop staring at him because I just needed the familiar face. I would want to tell him but every time I'd have the thought in my head I would try to explain it and I simply wasn't coherent. My body wasn't in tune with my mind. I wanted to say I wanted to go home but I didn't trust myself to speak much less stand. Eventually he drove my car home for me and I managed to get past my mom without her suspecting anything which I swear to God was a miracle because I could hardly walk by myself. I passed out that night and didn't dream. I got up for work in the morning at 10am and I'm pretty damn sure I was still high. I could function but I was still dazed and I questioned literally every little thing I did wondering if it was normal. Like "would I do this any other day..?" I felt like EVERYTHING moved at a sloth-like speed but next thing I knew I looked at the clock and it was 1pm and I felt normal again. 
    But basically, some things I learned for first timers:
    1. First time with weed, don't do edibles. Try smoking or vaporizing or whatever because edibles hit you hard.
    2. Wait a little over an hour for it to hit you before assuming you aren't going to get high and taking more. 
    3. Make sure at least one person there you trust to have your back.
    4. Maybe try to be semi-secluded.. the bonfire I was at there was about 10 people and I felt insecure
    5. (perhaps most important) Do not go into it scared. Relax. 

5. #5 chzdgg, Jun 8, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2013
    A half gram should be good. make sure the peanut butter has a very high fat content for maximum potency. I'd recommend not driving after consuming them for the first time and make sure you don't have to get up early the next morning. Enjoy :hello:

Also don't eat them on a totally empty stomach.

6. I had my first edible yesterday and it is honestly amazing. I am considiring only using edibles from now on aha

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. #7 bob barker, Jun 9, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2013
    I would put 1 gram in them. But dont eat the whole thing. Eat 1/4 to 1/2 and wait 30-45 minutes. If desired effects are not had eat more. You should be good with half and you can save the other half for a rain day.

TIP: I know people that are scared of edibles b/c some asshole gave them a brownie and told them to eat the whole thing. They became to high and had a horrible experience. Then I came along and said, ''take my hand, I'll show you the way''. :) I had them eat a tiny amount and bumped it up ever so and they loved it.