Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

First Time Trying Edibles Help

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Mr Mafialand, Jun 15, 2013.

1. #1 Mr Mafialand, Jun 15, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2013
    So, me and a friend are going on this camping trip and we decided to take a few edibles... Unfortunately, after finishing bout an oz we're kinda low on funds.. We'd smoke it there, but we'll have un-weedfriendly company.
    We'll be making oreo + nutella edibles, since they're easy. each cookie will contain 1g, and we'll only have 2 each (sad isn't it?), and we hope to eat them on separate occasions.
    Will they get us stoned? After having been dry for 2 weeks or so our tolerances will have been lowered, so a 1g bowl will easily get us baked, how about these? I hear edibles hit you really hard after a while, will this be the case?  :yummy:

2. #2 BonghornLeghorn, Jun 16, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2013
    ok you're gonna waste your bud, cash, and high by doing that. Here's the quick and potent way to make edibles (guaranteed to work).
    Here is a video of what my post is going to be about (It's almost done being uploaded):
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BR2j1evLAy4&feature=youtu.be

Or you can just read it down below:

Take your 4 grams of bud and either bust it with a grinder, or mince it with a kitchen knife on a cutting board. Grab a quarter cup of butter (like, 2/3 of a stick). Stick it in the smallest pot you have. Turn the element on the lowest setting, then the one right about it. Should be between low - 2.

Put your bud in there and stir it with wooden spoon, let it simmer for periods of 20 - 30 seconds, take it off for 10 or 15 and stir, then repeat for about 20 minutes. It should be dark brown to even black. Pour it into a glass cup, or a small dipping container, just make sure it can handle hot oils (ie, not plastic). Now just make 6 - 8 edibles out of this, I can promise you you'll be stoned. Here's the recipe I use for myself to make small batches of edibles. This is just copy-pasted from my recipe book I keep on my pc.

---------------

6 Tbsp Flour
    4 Tbsp Instant oatmeal
    1/8 - 1/16 tsp Baking Soda
    3 Tbsp Cannabutter
    2 Tbsp White Sugar
    2 Tbsp Brown Sugar (Can sub with white)
    1/8 tsp Vanilla (Half a cap)
    Pinch of salt
    1 Tbsp Nutella or 2 Tbsp of Chocolate Chips
    1 tsp cinnamon

----------------------------------------

Make Cannabutter: Stick 3 Tbsp in a small pot, heat on low - 2 on the stove, stirring frequently. Crumble 1 - 2 grams of Cannabis in and stir when bubbly. Take off after 20 minutes and immediatly scrape it into a small bowl.

Preheat oven to 350

Combine flour, oatmeal, white & brown sugar, salt, and baking powder in a bowl. Optionally can take this out if you don't have any.

Add the melted butter and all vanilla to dry ingredients, and mix until doughy. Afterwards Add 1 tbsp of Nutella and keep mixing the dough (Or at 2 tsp of water to skip this step)

Once you can ball the dough and it stays in shape, seperate it into 6 balls and either bake on a cookie sheet or in a non-stick muffin pan at 350 for 19 minutes.

Take them out, let them cool, and store for use.

-------------------------

Even if you turn that recipe into 8 doses, half a cookie will likely get you high, and a whole cookie gets you heavily stoned. Edibles don't take nearly as much bud as smoking to have an effect if the butter is made correctly. Have a good time camping man :D