First time trouble

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by King Hemptune, Jan 30, 2014.

1. Ok so I've got a pot of questions. Ok so I first planted my germinating seed (1inch deep) on the 24th and long story short I forgot about it today. It is now a inch and a quarter talk. My first question is what do I do with it now as far as lighting. I wanted to keep it in a pot and use natural light (aka sunlight) to grow it. also i'm concerned about the way it's looking at the moment and also possible mold on the too later of soul. I should note the soul used was generic potting soul from Walmart that has been sitting outside spread along the house foundation.

Please refer to the pics included for additional info.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

2. you planted that in your soul...awesome man...

3. Lol I was stoned when I types all that.

4. I b stoned when I types all the time...seriously tho...that plant looks pretty sad and depending on where you are hours of sunlight and temps may be an issue if trying to go outside...and if your in the southern hem it's a pretty late start.  Not really sure what your question is...but Walmart soil probably sucks...and their soul def does...

5. Ok well it's doing slot better now. Grew almost a whole inch overnight. I gave it some water and a bit of sun and it perked right up.:lol:

Attached Files:

6. Nice bro...plants def need light and the right amount of water...good luck!!

7. UPDATE! Ok so here it is now. should it be so tall? I've been outing it out In direct sunlight when the weather permits. Otherwise I keep it on my window. It's like 4 days old?

Attached Files:

8. Yeah man this plant is stretching for light...

I'm sure you can throw some CFL's on that bad boy or something to keep it from stretching. You need fans on that thing to make it thicker or it's just going to fall over. You are going to need better dirt most likely but who knows it might do the trick.

Honestly if you plant a seed and plan on just keeping it in the window, why are you coming and asking for help?

It needs an enclosed space with lights and airflow and fans hitting them to grow proper.

9. I'm planing on making this a outdoor plant once the weather allows. I should probably ask what is the lowest temp I can allow the plant to be subjected to? It la expected to freeze here tonight (south Texas). I'm hopping to get this little sucker outside permanently by around march.

10. Not sure really...cold and wet is bad for mold and mildew but if you want to keep in indoors you are going to need to get some type of lights on it, some fans blowing at it from different angles as hard as possible to make it strong especially with how stretched it is.

Try to build yourself a little box with proper fans, airflow, and lights and make sure to watch temperature/humidity and top the fucker when its ready to try and keep it as small as possible and the extra shoots from topping will grow like crazy once you get it outside.

11. Well it's not wet just cold. And a bit windy should I take the risk and leave it outside for tonight? I'd really like to try and keep artificial light off of it. Just to see if I can make it work ya know. Any way what is this topping you speak of?

12. This forum ain't gonna grow that plant for you...

just get it some proper lighting and put some fans on it

13. How old are you?

14. I'm just here for some advice yo.

I was waiting for that question. I'm 19, I just happen to like trading cards and legos.

Also I said "fuck it" and a little prayer then stuck that bitch on the roof. It's only gonna be 32 for about a hour. If she don't make I have more seeds.

I have weed in my soul too. Try to face the sun as much as possible....the eyes are the window to the soul...and that is how you'll get your light in! And wear plenty of sunscreen.

16. Ok so this morning the little plant was looking a tad sad so after some research I decided to repot it. When I dig it out it haven't really grown at roots yet. It was just a long skinny stem with some tiny roots at the end. I also out it a bit deeper to make up for some of the stretching. Did I fuck up?

Attached Files: