Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

First Time Toking...Is This Normal?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Xativa, Feb 27, 2012.

1. Okay, I had my first time last night with some Sour Diesel, and I was just wondering if my trip was normal...
    When it finally hit I was just kinda dizzy, then it kept getting worse and the whole room started spinning. So I was going to try and get a drink and couldn't make it a few feet without falling over, so I chilled on some stairs nearby until the room stopped moving, from then on it just felt like I was dreaming and had kind of an out of body feeling a few times, like I was watching myself do things...
    Is this somewhat normal? This *is* my first time.

Thanks for all the help!

2. You greened out man, it's totally normal. Your tolerance is low and you smoked enough so that you were out of your comfort zone, it's perfectly fine. It happens to almost everyone! It can even happen to really experienced people too!

3. Welcome to the club mate!

4. Haha for sure man. My first time I was with a bunch of buddies in a circle smokin. Then I couldn't stop laughing and kept saying "we're trapped in a circle of funny and we can't get out!" and I had the out of body experience lol. Burn on :)

5. Thanks all! Good to know it's not unheard of :)
    there was a little alcohol involved, would that have an effect on it?
    And I totally plan to keep burning, after the really trippy shit stopped it was awesome :smoking:
    TGFB-Thank God For Blunts

6. Alcohol can mildly affect you depending on how much you drank. But i wouldn't worry about it. Usually smoking sobers me up when drinking. Keep toking man!

7. Yea the alcohol could have played a roll in there too but ill trade you tolerance levels

8. Yes the alcohol probably didn't help the situation, I got twisted once, never again :laughing:

9. Damn. Well, apparently it's normal. Hopefully I get an out of body experience soon. Sounds like fun.

10. Please don't call the time period in which you are high on weed a "trip", it makes you look nooby as well as it just sounds silly :hello:

you just got too high man, smoke less next time and it will be way more fun :hello:

11. I didn't have a lot...I was a little unbalanced from it, but other than that I was fine.
    What about tobacco? Will that do anything? (Totally new if you haven't guessed :p)

12. @Soccerguy-I'll keep that in mind, thanks for the tip :D what should I call it then?...

13. I think Alcohol is the problem. At least for me it is. I call it the spins. The whole room is spinning and if you lay back and close your eyes it makes it even worse. Thats why I only stick to the lovely ganj

14. When I sat down I closed my eyes and things actually got better...I wonder if it just depends on the person...

15. Some people vouch for tobacco mixing but I've never tried it so I have no facts on the matter, sorry!

16. Sour Diesel is one of my favorite strains. >.>
    Hope you had fun. ;)

17. Smoking a cig definitely gives me a bit of a head rush when I'm toking. Its not a lot, but some people swear by it.

18. I definitely had fun, I was all over the place (at a party with friends) I was talking to *everyone*, I had a 40 minute conversation on the complexities of The Hunger Games...and I don't remember a damn word :smoking:

19. [quote name='"Xativa"']Okay, I had my first time last night with some Sour Diesel, and I was just wondering if my trip was normal...
    When it finally hit I was just kinda dizzy, then it kept getting worse and the whole room started spinning. So I was going to try and get a drink and couldn't make it a few feet without falling over, so I chilled on some stairs nearby until the room stopped moving, from then on it just felt like I was dreaming and had kind of an out of body feeling a few times, like I was watching myself do things...
    Is this somewhat normal? This *is* my first time.

Thanks for all the help![/quote]

Hell ya man with no tolerance and some sour d( a sativa) that was completely normal. Good thing you didn't have any hallucinations,I hallucinated on some Jack Herrer the first time I smoked a sativa. Crazy intense. Just take smaller hits next time and wait till you feel it then decide to take another.

20. Well, I had shared a blunt with a few people and waited for a little more than an hour and nothing hit me...so I shared a second blunt with a friend and about 2-3 puffs in it hit me....but like I said, once the room settled down it was pretty great :smoking:
    I wasn't crazy about the harsher smoke of the blunts...what are some thoughts on bongs? Should I wait until I get a little more tolerance?