Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

first time tincture try.

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by jakegetsbaked91, Mar 15, 2013.

1. trying some tincture for the first time later on. I've had edibles a few times and am a daily smoker. just kinda new to tincture so I was hoping to see what I'm in for lol. idk how long hes had it, idk if it deteriorates. made from columbian red haze buds I guess (had the strain before). friend says 3 drops relaxx him alllll day but he doesn't smoke. any info you have.would.help, knowledge is power haha

2. Sounds like a good strain to make a tincture from. What kind, do you know? Glycerin or alcohol? That will make a difference on what to expect. Tincture is a great buzz and will keep you going for a while. I love it. :)

3. not sure which its made w.
    what would the difference be?

4. was told it was.made from everclear??

5. Ok, that's called a Gold or Green Dragon and it's an alcohol tincture. If you use this under your tongue, it will burn like fire but should take effect almost immediately. If you put it in a drink, it'll take about 20 minutes to start feeling it. The age of it doesn't really matter because it stays potent almost forever. :)

6. awesome thank you! what about the effects and duration of the high? im assuming itll be more of a body buzz than smoking (like most edibles). my friend says this will keep him lifted all day if not 2 days?! not sure I believe this but.again he doesn't smoke at all. I'm expecting much more subdued feeling (I've been doing dabs lately so my tolerance is up there). also wondering how many drops to take?

7. Actually, the type of buzz will depend on the strain. If it's an Indica dominant, then yes, it will probably be a body more than cerebral effect. A Sativa dominant or a good 50-50 or so hybrid can be quite energetic and last for most of the day sometimes, depending on tolerance levels. I use it everyday and it still only takes a few drops. I love it. If it's a good tincture, it will be like nothing you've experienced before. Not smoking or edibles. Try to do it when you're fairly straight the first time so you can experience it. You should like it. :)