Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

First time tincture for high CBD strain. VG or ethanol?Cold or hot? Not sure...

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by LemonKitti, Jun 10, 2019.

1. I am attempting a small batch of glycerine tincture using a high CBD strain to help with my husbands Parkinson's symptoms. Right now he vapes, and I make edibles with butter. I would like him to have another option.
    I know a traditional ethanol tincture would be easier but in order to get the alcohol out of it, barring using a source or something like that, it would require much more precision and time than I have to put into it. My husband is a recovering alcoholic and would like no alcohol at all... So we have the glycerine option. I will be decarbing half of my current supply of rough trimmed bud and would like to know what is best for the rest of the process. Should I put the glycerine in it and leave it for days or weeks at room temp? How long? Does it really get stronger with age? Or is the heat method best? If so, what method is more foolproof?
    Which produces a better end product?

Off topic of glycerine, someone told me that if you use ethanol for tincture that you do not need to decarb, as the alcohol does that for you. That doesn't sound right... or is it?

Thanks guys!

2. You always need to decarb!!! I make all mine with mct oil!!! It binds better!!!