First time shrooming--need advice

Discussion in 'General' started by XZit, Jul 16, 2004.

1. I'm going to be shrooming tonight my first time.
    I think I'll be the only one shrooming--I'm not sure if my friend will be with me or not--becuase he only picked up a 8th--
    but I guess this stuff is hella "fire" as he tells me (good stuff straight from the botonist) so he payed $25 for it-I pay him back lata.

Anyhow so this will be my first time shrooming--and I've had experiances with Salvia, and lsa before--but they weren't really hardcore "trips". The shrooms I know for sure will do somthing to me.

So I'm sort of a little worried about having a bad experiance--or what its going to be like. I hear that Shrooms don't really give you total visuals like lsd or somthing might--but shrooms actually give you distortions of stuff thats there--

For example you may stare at a stuco roof (somthing with a lot of texture) and the roof may come up, then down, or the textures may look like they are moving e.t.c.

So anyhow heres my questions for you all.

1.) What was your first shroom experiance like? Visuals (what where they/what happened?)

2.) Do shrooms usually give you closed eye visuals?

3.) Is it true that in order to avoid a bad trip you simply go into your trip with a positive thought that you are going to have fun?

4.) What are some fun/really cool activitys to do while on shrooms?

and finally:

5.) Should you avoid changing enviroments on shrooms? Becuase with some drugs changing enviroments can freak some people out (I hear)

and one more:
    6.) Any other important things I should know about before shrooming? Advice? Factoids? E.t.c.?

Thanks

peace,
    Will

2. 1.) What was your first shroom experiance like? Visuals (what where they/what happened?)
    my first shroomage was at school. i bought an eighth the day before, knowing my parents wouldnt be home the next day. i ate them at lunch inside my burrito. after lunch ended(about 35-40 minutes later ) i sat down on the bench waiting for my teacher to come. knowing shrooms are hallucinogenic, i started staring at the corner where the wall meets the cement. the paint that was on the wall slowly started to--i want to say drip or melt--morph around...and then stopped for maybe 30 seconds....then i stood up, and meandered into class, which happens to be Spanish with a teacher that calls on everybody. luckily for me, its a sub and we work on a worksheet for the whole period. as i look down to read the paragraph that is in spanish, the words start morphing around, almost like an oscilliscope(sp?) going slow..fuck im faded, i dont know if any of that helped.

i dont remember...

3.) Is it true that in order to avoid a bad trip you simply go into your trip with a positive thought that you are going to have fun?
    ....yes?

cosmic golfing, anything glow in the dark, www.larrycarlson.com , www.virtualom.com , drink orange juice/eat oranges ( inhances visuals )

and finally:

5.) Should you avoid changing enviroments on shrooms? Becuase with some drugs changing enviroments can freak some people out (I hear)
    i dont think so...its never happened to me.

and one more:
    6.) Any other important things I should know about before shrooming? Advice? Factoids? E.t.c.?
    http://www.erowid.org/plants/mushrooms/mushrooms.shtml

3. 1.) What was your first shroom experiance like? Visuals (what where they/what happened?)
    Six out of seven of us ate a full 8th. I remember feeling like I was just getting higher and higher, until I was full blown tripping to the movie "Super Troopers" (at the part where he's like Littering and...littering and...), which is where it started. I remember hearing someone say oh my god look at the carpet, which I did. There was a translucent body of water on the carpet, which swayed very slowly. Things stood out at me like 3D (in my face). I remember staring at a blacklight poster (which had psychedlic mushrooms and said "Eat Me") and saying, "this poster is too much."

Depending on potency and amount, yes. You'll get closed eye visuals before you get open eyed visuals.

Yes. In my opinion, this is crucial. You must come into the environment with optimistic thoughts, and your environment (people, setting) all should make you nice and relaxed. Don't go to a party, drunks are annoying. Don't be with anyone that you don't know, or someone that would be mean or unfriendly.

Nature walking, observing patterns, and listening to music are all near necessities. The outdoors are amazing, and music seems like it fills your ear 100%, even if it was coming from afar.

and finally:

I suggest, for your first time, to plan out if you want to change environments. Do not go in an unknown environment, for you may receive bad vibes and it may feel like a hostile situation. Little things are magnified by millions, good or bad.

and one more:

I pretty much covered most of what I can think of.
    Have fun. Be Safe

4. 1. What was your first shroom experiance like? Visuals (what where they/what happened?)

My first time was in Florida and they were free. Nobody buys them down there so we just hopped onto a cow field and picked them. I ate about 6 caps my first time. I love shrooms but to be honest I really didn't like my first time. It was my first time tripping altogether and I was a little freaked out. I had to drive home(bad move) and kept hearing my name being called over and over again, and the traffic lights were all yellow. There was no red, yellow, and green...just yellow. But I think I was just scared because it was my first trip and I didn't know what to expect.

2. Do shrooms usually give you closed eye visuals?

Yes, there is no running from your trip. Low dosages really don't give you visuals at all btw

3. Is it true that in order to avoid a bad trip you simply go into your trip with a positive thought that you are going to have fun?

A word to the wise: If you are going to try them, get excited. Nervousness and worrying while tripping can complete ruin your experience.

4. What are some fun/really cool activitys to do while on shrooms?

Anything really. I really love to be outside while I'm on them, just walk around barefoot in the grass. Cuddling with a girl can be fun but I thought sex was too scary on them...I don't like seeing shit while I'm going at it, it's not really a turn on to see a girl's face turn into a demon or something. And of course, music. Music is good on virtually every drug.

5. Should you avoid changing enviroments on shrooms? Becuase with some drugs changing enviroments can freak some people out (I hear)

If you aren't 100% positive you aren't ready to change environments, don't. If you are positive you are ready then by all means do so. It's all in your state of mind, fear is not a good quality to have with shrooms.

6. Any other important things I should know about before shrooming? Advice? Factoids? E.t.c.?

Make sure they're clean!!! I can't stress that enough, remember they grow on a pile of shit. It's not uncommon to see them have some kind of worms or bacteria. If you buy them dried then you'll be fine but if you buy them fresh make sure they are clean, and if not boil them. I can't remember if boiling them makes you lose some potency or not but it's worth it to lose some strength in order to not get sick.

5. In nature they do, but I bet most of the mushrooms on the market were grown in bulk (with wild bird seed or popcorn and coco coir/peat moss), and probably don't have manure and bacteria all over it.

If it's crispy dried, you're fine.

6. yeah, that's why I said if they were dried out you should be fine. But I always picked them in nature and have seen some pretty nasty shit on them when they aren't clean. I can't imagine paying for shrooms, though I now live in PA and will probably have to

7. hey guys--thanks for all the advice--its great and I'm still reading it all.

Well last night I tried my "fire" shrooms (aka: very "good" shrooms) and NOTHING happened except a nice body high which only lasted for about 1 hour.

I did however take a little less then a 1/8th--

Anyhow--nothing happend--I'm going to try to shroom agian later on.
    Esspecially in the fall season I'll probally be doing them hardcore becuase I live in WA state and hella grow around here.

peace,
    Will

8. haha ive done some weird stunts on shrooms, we get some pretty hardcore shrooms up here, ok let me give u the advice.

1. its better with a little too much shroom , than too little.

2. dont go to restourants when on shrooms, its weird.

3. dont get caught in loops.

9. XZit, weird that you didn't trip.

I've ate mushrooms a handful of times, and the only time I didn't trip was when I ate two grams two days in a row. The second day I just couldn't fall asleep and the mushrooms had basically no effect on me because of my tolerance building up.

And you ate almost an eighth and didn't feel anything? And they were good mushrooms? Thats rough man. Don't know what to tell ya. Better luck next time though. :)

10. yeah, i don't understand how u didn't feel anything with eating almost an 1/8 cause normally, u can eat a half 1/8 and still trip out

when i ate an 1/8, i was completely gone
    couldn't control what the fuck i was doing, but luckily i had a friend over who had shroomed it like 5 times so he helped me though it

11. ya it was weird---only a big body high that lasted for about 1-2 hours...that was it...
    no visuals...

I was so sober enough that I could even play video games...
    It was a very disapointing experiance--but I'm not going to underestimate these shrooms and not ever do them agian--I'll be trying them agian, and agian, and agian until I trip out hardcore...

peace,
    Will

12. well, here is a question
    were the shrooms dried?
    and, were u eating mainly caps or stems, or a good mix?

when i have gotten shrooms, i have gotten some that were like kinda shakey, like little bits of stems, and little bits of caps, maybe in inch long each "shake" stem was

but, the most recent shrooms i got, the whole 1/8 was just in 2 giant shrooms, stems and caps were still intact, and fully dried

13. Well lets see...
    It was mostly stems--they where cubensis (sp) and about a inch long each--there where only like 2 caps or so...not many caps.
    And ya they where all dried...

I dunno man--I was told they where directly from a botonisit (sp)
    I'm still looking forward to other times though.

14. well, as far as i know, stems are mainly for body highs, and caps are associated with visuals

just try it again when u get the chance, and make sure u chew them up REALLY good, and get all the juiced out no matter how bad u dislike the taste

15. ya 4 sure man. I think that it was mostly stems--thus that would be a body high...
    and plus my friend put it on a penut (sp) butter and jelly sandwhich and I don't think I chewed much.
    Next time I'll chew hella--and make sure I get caps--like hella caps.

Man I can't wait till fall season where amenitas, and other shrooms grow all around here (Wa state) it will be nice...
    its funny becuase I recently discovered drugs not even a year ago--last Jan actually (where I discovered pot) and I still didn't know anything about shrooms or whatever until my friend told me about it and I discovered erowid.com.

but now that I have done my reading and looked at the mushroom guides on erowid.com and shit--I remember seeing all kinds of psychoactive shrooms growing all around my place in the fall season--or at least when its more wetter...this is a pretty dry summer--although I have seen shrooms grow in the summer up north here--but usually not that much.

-Will