First Time PC Micro Grow

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Bigman42003, Aug 8, 2019.

1. Just a new thread to post if I need advice on my new closet micro Grow. Will post pics soon. Germinating the seeds right now will plant hopefully in 2-3 days.

Sent from my LG-M322 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Allllllrighty then.....well happy growing, hopefully you won't run into any problems..:toke:

3. Nothing new to report but I started stage 2 of germ and will hopefully plant them by August 10th.

4. My goal is to move one of the plants outdoor to flower as the light changes to a natural 12-12 in late September. And keep one inside.

5. Take care Mate:D
    I ve done a pc grow as well, had a lot of problems with it, but when she finally ripened and I harvested it, it was the best tasting bud I ever had.
    Hard work always pays off!

6. Does anyone have advice on how to keep a plant as small as possible. Im talking like below 1 foot in height around 8-10 inches?

7. LST like a mfer, and flip her fast.

I personally couldn't do it. I have trouble with my "micro grow", and have 4ft of headspace before the lights.

Best of luck though

8. LST.....LST.....LST

9. Depends on the strain go with an indica
    I did mainlining to keep it low.
    Basically topping once and then LST.
    There is a youtuber: Dirt man dan.
    I highly suggest watch a video or two, maybe older ones. He is amazing at micro grows. He managed to grow this mqdefault.jpg
    Its fking massive. There are better shots but I only could find this one. If you watch a video you will see

Take care friend

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. Grow Update. The seeda have not yet germinated and I believe it may be 2 things. They are for one a bit old but they were given to me for free. And the temperature may be too cold for the seeds to germinate so what I did is poke 1 small hole on each seed to help the taproot come out and wrap them in a black bandana (block all light) and put them in my PC grow box with the light on. Is this the correct course of action?

11. This Exactly the height of plant id like to grow. Ill be sure to check him out thank you.

12. Well, i am not sure about the poking but it seems to be a good idea. Make sure the soil is wet, but not soaking wet.
    Other trick is to put the seeds into a cup of luke warm water and wait til they sink to the bottom.
    What I would do in your place is, I would make sure the soil is wet, she is not that deep and its rather warm, but not overwhelmingly warm, just around 20 maybe, 25°c top. Then the hardest part, wait. What strain are u growing?

13. Thanks for the advice. Im growing Piña Collision and Purple Luna. Both sativas so growing a short stocky plant will be a fun challenge.

14. Heres what the grow looks like! She's got 2 PC fans (one is not visible) so very nice ventilation IMO. Snapchat-79777360.jpg Snapchat-2037501302.jpg

15. Not bad, but your light takes away a big place and you going to have further issues bcs its gonna be too close. I suggest you go with leds panels or strips
    My setup:
    IMG_20180616_112104_1.jpg
    But it might work, its only my imagination

16. I see what you mean. I now have the option to grow outside now but it may be hard due to pesky pests but it is doable. It'll have to be a less smelly strain possibly Northern Lights or a dwarf auto. Most likely going to use this for veg and move plants out when natural light gets to 12-12. But going to try to flower a plant in the box.

17. #17 Kanaripower, Aug 13, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2019
    it seems like you are in the same boat in me.
    The first Grow what I did was a PC grow which was around 30Watts. It was the best bud that I smoked, it came out to be 3-4g which is truly low, but for the novel grower, it was a big success, especially in an environment that seemed to be impossible to grow in. (living with parents)
    The smell was sometimes more intense that I would liked it to be, so it raised some trouble, some excitment in the grower life, how to fix a certain issue. I study as an engineer, so I bought some carbon filters, yeah, the shitty ones and it somewhat fixed it.
    Luckily, she riped and I harvested my Northern Lights. It was a good challange.

This year, I had the ambition to grow outdoors, so I had to come to terms with my parents.
    Now I have a greenhouse, and I grow a northern light in it. She loves it, altough, she had a rough time this week due to the extreme heatwave.
    She is starting to flower now, as outdoor plants dont need 12-12, they flower much earlier, however they mature slower. Next year I will try out an autoflower, but I am not knee on them.
    You should consider building a greenhouse; if you are handy, as my idea growing outdoors came with the idea of building a greenhouse. I dont suggest just growing outdoors, unless you live in a better area than I do. So far so good with the grow,her smell is really low, however, I know it will intensify by time as we gradually step into the flowering stage.

I suggest starting your grow indoors, until she is a seed and she has atleast 7 nodes. If you start to grow now, probably she will end up like this: 0.jpg
    Its just one main cola, altough its super fat. I always wanted to try it out, I think it looks dank and worth a shot.

If you have a low wattage- low space PC grow, it will be low grade weed as well. Budget grow is budget weed. The beauty of a PC build lies in the complexity of a problem oriented box, which you have to solve, like a Rubic's cube. Its much fun, especially in stealh, I would do it again, but I would invest more money in it. Starting with a bigger PC house. 60-100 watts of Led lights 4:1 red to blue, a lot of ventillation and a proper filter for smell. It's the novel grower's task to grow the best weed in his own build PC and tell his friends what a good Engineer he is.
    If he likes programing and arduino, he can buy moisture and heat sensors, implement a watering system and make a perfect growing enviroment for his lady without paying 0 attention, as the PC box does everything for him apart from LST.

18. Thinking about building a greenhouse but i dont have the money to buy a kit or build one. Any budget diy alternatives?

19. buy some wood and a foil. done. I did mine frome polycarbonate as we had some leftover so I only had to buy wood and some screws. costed me 20$
    something like this would do as well:
    0.jpg
    look up some on google, there are some pretty sick ones as well. choose what suits you best mate