First time outside grow

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Jorgegreen, Aug 4, 2011.

1. Sorry if my reply seemed matter
    Of fact, it wasn't intentional. Here is what my water/feeding schedule has produced. I'm a newbie so I was quote amazed that first grow is going this well.

I am considering slowing down the water a bit to see if that will help me not have to deal with many breaking branches during the late parts of budding.

Do you think this will help?

Attached Files:

2. #22 megadope, Aug 5, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Slowing down the water would help with the breaking later on the lack of water stiffens the stems adding water makes them fatter stems but there fleshy and weak think of it as a sponge what does a dry sponge feel like it's hard but pliable!

3. Holy smokes (the almighty Mary Jane) that is a big ass ww burner! Damn maybe next year I can grow some that big! Good job!

4. Don't do it burner. Keep watering how you are. You've obviously got a good watering program so why change it? Anyways, some plants just can't support their own bud when they get that big. But that's ok! Just tie em up! It just means the plant is putting production in the bud NOT the stem. And it seems to me that it could stress the plant out and hurt the production. And also, why do you think EVERY master grower or even beginners stakes up their plants? Because they know that's how you deal with fat buds that wanna break off. You don't under water it so the stem gets "woody" and stronger. Just my opinion on the matter. No offense megadope.

5. #25 megadope, Aug 5, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    None taken just the signs that he has is over watering I'm just saying but I agree if the system is working don't change it I think over all the plants look great and healthy and in the pic you can't even see yellow leaves but anyways any info is good info

6. so how often should I water mine? they're 1-2ft. 6 of them and they're all close together

7. #27 5150, Aug 6, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2011
    Your plants look fine. They show no signs of overwatering. If it was over watered your leavs would show a claw foot look.

If your really worried about over watering. Then let your plant go till it start to wilt. This will tell you how many days it can go without water.

I water all my plants when they start to wilt.

But like others said, Your gorw is working so why change it. Plus I see no signs of over watering.

I would put a trillis netting around your plant soon. You will break branches off for sure come bud time. Trust me cage that thing up. Sorry if you are going to do that. I did not read this thread yet.

8. Watering needs very from many factors. Say a hi perlite mix soil will need water daily. I agree pot does not like wet feet. But there are factors like mix and heat.

Again I let the plant tell me when it needs water by wilting. I think the roots grow better seeking and searching for water. This method is a sure what to water your plants to there needs.

9. I can't put a net over it but it's supposed to rain today so yeahhhh.

10. #30 5150, Aug 6, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2011

Hmmmm?

By looking at his plant. What factors are you saying he is over watering by?

So you are saying cut back on the water so he will have smaller stems? And then smaller buds?