first time outdoor growing need help!!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Artemis25, Mar 21, 2009.

1. just got 11 seeds froom HGS there super mix pack and i cant wait to reap the rewards from it. I decided on going outdoors since i got a dirt bike so i know alot of really nice spots, i am looking for a list of things that i need to get besides for the basic soil, 5 gallon pot ect. What nutes should i give it, im planning on keeping them in a 5 gallon bucket so if a spot gets sketchy i can move them quickly. Also should i drill some holes on the bottom of the bucket to let water through or is that just another one of my dumb ideas??lol

2. bumpity bump bump

3. you need holes in the bucket to prevent root rot and if your on trails with your bike you want to make sure you put your plants where people cant see them.

4. thanks man, appreciate someone actually answering a question on here.

5. hey man no problem glad to help. im new hear and have only grown once but i have a pretty good green thumb and love all this stuff.

6. im also new to GC,.and new to the growing experience..and more motivated than ever...but i was wondering...and had a few questions...i live in the city so its crowded and hard for me to find a dl. spot..so i was wondering if i can grow it on a roof top...and keep the plant as low as i can to it wont get up to 6 feet...any advice or techniques...cause dam its hard when ur whole city is full of scavengers and voltures...\
    thanks would appreciate some advice...

7. im also planning to keep it simple...3gallon pot one plant...its just for me..and hopeing to make me some meds...please any advice....

8. the city is tricky since you do have police chopper = worst enemy. You can always try to set up a stealth grow inside your house. Look at different threads on the forum for ideas. Welcome to the GC

9. my house is out of the question...since my mom likes gardening her self...tries to convince her but didnt work either....or maybe i can get advice of stealth strategies besides trees and shrubs...maybe something i can build that wont be so detectable...im also willing to grow around a riverbed...old railroad side somewhat deserted but lots of people jogg alongside..although i think its possible to pull it off...thats why im wondering about stealth techniques on the one plant i wanna do..;;

plz help...i need support..everyone else is gunning for me

10. wherever you grow it if you wanna keep it low you should look into lst and scrog

11. the lst method?...is that to keep it low as possible..cause it looks like a decent method...also i live in lost angeles...so im assuming that its perfect weather for growth?..im looking into buying a clone in local med shops..is that better than growing one out of one seed?...

12. the lst method keeps the plant low and helps increase yeild. if you grow from a clone you know it will be a female as opposed to a seed that could be male.

13. thanks for the info..i appreciate it...also u think a 3gallon pot is proper..or would u recommend a 5gallon.?also besides picking out a spot..when i do indeed get my clone..would i have to immediately have to transfer it to the pot ima end up having it in?..then how long after do i wait for anything else for me to do besides watering n lighting..?..i mean how far along do i buy nutrients and bug repelant..shit like that?...

14. a 5 gallon pot would be recomended but 3 will work for a smaller plant. you can start it out in a smaller pot but dont let the plant get to big of roots for it. if your going to keep it indoors awhile you need lighting right away. you need to use cfl bulbs. as far as nutrients go everyones a little different id let your plant get to around 5 or 6 leaf sets first then start with a 1/4th strength every other watering. bug repellant right away