First time outdoor grower needs help!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by eish, May 28, 2012.

1. Hey guys, I've been growing my first plant for somewhat 3 months now and I have two problems. The first is that it's way too small, or at least in comparison to other outdoor grows I've seen. The plant is about 30cm in height. The second is that the buds are also far too small. The bud right at the tip of the plant is slightly larger than the rest but it is still too small, they are barely noticeable. I grew completely organic, and didn't use fertilizer nor nutrients but the soil in my garden is pretty decent alone.

2. three months old? Has it been outside its whole life or did you start indoors? sounds like you did and then set it out, if so it started budding too soon because of the hours in the day were too short and will revert to veg soon and start growing better again. Hopefully.

3. It has been growing outside this whole time but it's winter over here (South Africa) although the winters aren't too cold. Temperatures in winter vary between ~17-25 degrees celcius.

4. That's probably why then, try planting in Spring. Day length is what triggers flowering, not temperature.

5. You put your plant out during the flower season so it never had the chance to veg properly. The plant needs a minimum of 14 hours light during the first 2 months of life outdoors -- you can use supplemental lighting if applicable.