first time outdoor grower, a few questions...

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by nor x cal2477, Mar 11, 2009.

1. Hey guys, I am planning to grow some bud this summer. I am a first time grower and I have a few questions on what to do...

1. I am confused on fertilizers and nutrients for the plants. If someone could basically just tell me what nutrients are needed to make good strong bud and how much should be used at a time.

2. What type of soil should I use. I am growing in pots and I'm not really sure what the best soil is as far as nutrients and price go.
    Thanks

2. There are stickies that will answer your questions.

3. Well, this is my opinion and advice.

I usually just buy some regular topsoil (or potting soil if I'm using pots), bag of manure, and maybe some worm castings. I also have a compost bin at home so I use some of that too. I mix the soil with the manure and the compost, put it in the 5 gallon buckets and then plant when the sprouts are ready for the outdoors. Make sure the pots or buckets your planting in have drainage holes in the bottom and make sure they're at least 3 gallons in size. This mix usually provides enough nutrients for me. I use a lot of compost in my mix though. About 70% soil, 30% compost.

4. I wrote a little guide for beginners who would like to grow organically outdoors to give you an idea of some of the things you may need and the typical costs associated with them, you can find it in my signature, it may give you some answers along with all the stickies, research and planning are vital to the process and patience also, that and telling no one what you are doing.