First Time Outdoor grow

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by moi, Aug 24, 2012.

1. So, I've fooled around with the idea for a while and finally ended up committing to an outdoor plant. A little about my situation first. I live in a suburb of Los Angeles and my neighbors have a clear view of my backyard, I am an actor so as I prefer to remain anonymous, it has been difficult to keep much discretion about my project. As it happens to be, my neighbors are actually really cool about it all, and have even asked to buy some after the harvest, one citing he has problems with arthritis. Never would have thought I would be doing a service to the community with this, but I'm all about spreading the good energy. But my reason for bringing this to light in an online forum is for a little help.

This has been the different stages the plant has went through, it is a Bubbakush strain, and the buds are starting to come in pretty thick now. As you can see, the stem is pretty large, I put my thumb up for comparison, so it should yield quite a bit. I'm wondering at what point I should start taking off the buds, and how to go about drying them and also, what to do with the plant when it is done flowering. The hairs on the buds are still mostly white, I've read that the best time to pick them is when about 30% of them start to turn brown, is that for each individual bud or the entire plant?

Attached Files: