First time outdoor grow - pics (advice appreciated)

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by KarachiGrower, May 31, 2012.

1. #1 KarachiGrower, May 31, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2012
    Hey guys, been on my first grow for 2 weeks now. I germinated 2 Auto blue himalayas (1 didnt make it and shrivelled, i think i over watered it) and 1 auto blue mammoth from barneys farm.

First three pics are of mammoth and the next 2 of auto himalaya. I've been letting them get a good dose of unshaded sunlight in my garden so far (indoor temps were touching 40c and i thought they looked unhealthy in that environment). Himalaya is the speedier of the two, showing two sets of good leaves and a tiny set of 4 coming up as well. mamoth just looks runty.

What do you think ? is it normal for the mammoth to be slow ? other peoples grows at the 2 week mark look much better so im a little worried :(.

Also, do i need to start any nutes as such ? im using organic compost with coco mixed in (10%) since the garden shop guy advised that it helps in a hot environment where i live. Im also thinking my soil isnt drainy enough, perlite isnt available easily here, can i mix some crushed gravel or charcoal once i transplant ?

Edit : they look droopy but i had just watered them, i guess this is normal from my searches on this forum. Am i right in assuming this ?

Attached Files:

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. #2 Corto Malteze, May 31, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2012
    Do you have perlite in your mix? It is necessary for a healthy root system. Mj likes a very airy soil mix. For nutes, people usually mix worm castings (20%) and just water with plain water for 1 month. Then, you can transplant and mix in stronger nutes (kelp, guano, horse manure etc..). They can take all day sun but they need O2 in their roots to do so.

reread your post. Look in construction stores, they carry perlite and vermiculite (for cement and such)

3. No, perlite isnt really available here, its very fine grade everywhere i checked. can i sub it with any other material ?

4. Any porous matrixed rock material will add air, pounded up red brick is in mine in large amounts. Pumice rock from volcanoes, bricks from buildings, landscape lava rock...anything with air holes all over it.

5. AS Skunkpatronus said, lava chips will do the trick as well but they re very heavy to carry. But have you checked in construction stores, they usually carry big bags of perlite. You can also use peat (add lime 5 cups per bale) and coco which both will air out your soil.

6. If you cant get perlite crushed lava rock will work as the above poster said, also rice hulls work good.

7. [quote name='"Corto Malteze"']AS Skunkpatronus said, lava chips will do the trick as well but they re very heavy to carry. But have you checked in construction stores, they usually carry big bags of perlite. You can also use peat (add lime 5 cups per bale) and coco which both will air out your soil.[/quote]

Make sure you check the bag of the perlite at construction stores. Construction perlite is often treated with some chemical that makes it insulate better or something.

I made this mistake and ended up with a bunch of floating perlite chunks. Water will not penetrate the stuff.

8. I'm going to try mixing in some charcoal and red brick like an earlier poster suggested tonight. Should I am to have Pea sized pieces of each ?

9. also Hydroton..it is used in concrete.

they use the hydroton to give structure but remove weight. ( matter of fact, you can find hydroton at some construction store, for about half of hydro store prices.)

10. Good to see people growing the ganja in Pakistan. A lot of the worlds best strains originated north in the mountains. I don't know about the charcoal deal but crush those bricks up and it should suffice. But a better idea is rice hulls. Don't tell me you cant find rice hulls there. Everyone eats Chawal in Pakiland!

11. what you need is "kairee", its over-burnt red bricks, full of bubbles...oh wait, you're in karachi, you don't get red bricks there. your best bet is 1-part bhul, 1-part well rotted animal manure (khaad), and 1-part organic manure (leaf fertilizer in the local nurseries).

i'm sure you can get perlite as well, try the gardening store in gizri...i haven't been in karachi in years but if they have it in lahore/isloo they'd have it in karachi.

slowly increase sunlight on your seedlings, they should be fine out on the balcony if you shield them from mid-day sun. don't worry about the smell either, there're enough smells in karachi and nobody would care, they have bigger problems...

12. Search for the pakistan gardening forum. Found a bunch of shops that carry what ur looking for. I got perlite and organic compost pre mixed wjth plant food my plants just love the stuff.

13. Aala! A Karachi grower. 

I have been growing marijuana since April '13. Harvested two plants. They were shit. I messed up a little. I learned, grew some more, and my most recent growth is amazing :D

Man i've been looking for weed in karachi for over a year now. i'm sick of having shitty hash(there's no bubble hash here). what makes it worse is that you have to mix it with tobacco which i strongly dislike. anyway it would be great if you could share your hemp with me. i can also buy some off you. help out a fellow toker in karachi. 

Cheers

15. @[member="shazee666"]

check out my post 

16. @[member="asadlfc90"]

Smoked all man... Sorry. Love the weed. Hash sucks... Doesn't hit me anymore.

17. People,

I have been growing here since 2000...and believe me there is no better climate than karachi...I have been cloning and every season i take clones from my mother plant..however im looking for new strains...Can anyone advice me as to where i could get some or if i do order what is the process and what delievery method should i use.Any and all advice would be appreciated.

The Grow Doctor :)

18. hi this is riyan from karachi i urgently required marijuana seeds or little plant if any body can help that would be much appreciated as i need it for medicinal purpose needed for a cancer patient in family  my contact no is 03153248540 please oblidge text me or call me 

19. Can anyone help me which weed to grow in karachi ..where to order it from thanks

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

20. Beware, 5-0 alert