first time outdoor grow looking for advice ect.

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by pimpunclemo, Mar 30, 2009.

1. #1 pimpunclemo, Mar 30, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2009
    My plant started growing a few months ago in my yard at random. I noticed it when it was about 4 inches tall. I moved it into a bucket and hid it out on my property. I've been pampering it ever since. Im worried its going to get huge by the time it buds though because it started growing so early. heres some of the pics least to most recent.

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k316/pimpunclemo/drugs/mybaby4.jpg
    http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k316/pimpunclemo/drugs/mybaby3.jpg
    http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k316/pimpunclemo/drugs/mybaby2.jpg
    http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k316/pimpunclemo/drugs/mybaby1.jpg
    http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k316/pimpunclemo/drugs/mybaby.jpg

2. #2 pimpunclemo, Mar 30, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2009
    I guess what i was wanting to know is what should i be doing at this stage. Right now its in 25% potting soil and 75% of the soil from where it started growing. Ive got some miricle grow organic fertilizer 4% iron 5% nitrogen 2% phosphate 1.2% calcium
    (is this good?). I hate not knowing what to do as my plant keeps on growing. I get the basic process, but since I started out finding my plant already growing Im not sure what I need to be doing NOW. Also, Im unsure about how to make sure it is and stays female. Ive looked at it and at all of the splits in the branches it has the little (pistols) white hair looking objects. (excuse my extreme ignorance). If I can make this plant go the distance then I think Im going to start a more extensive crop soon (10 to 20 plants). I have a great spot on my own property and I feel its just been going to waste not having a little field of green.

Im going out to take some more indeph pics now so people can see what the hell im talking about.

3. Most people will not start replying till those are bigger. So many journals with small plants. Sad

But just keep your journal original and keep your pics going. =]

your plants are looking good btw.

4. Hey the plant is looking healthy, in order for the plant to get bigger you are gonna want to eventually move it into a bigger pot or the ground. Water it once or twice a week, use quick release organic fertilizers with a high nitrogen rating for growth and high phosphorus rating when it starts budding. Most importantly of all, dont get caught!!!

Also, in order to post your pics directly onto your page put the link inside these brackets:

(img) link (/img)

Replace rounded brackets with squared off ones so it will work:

( = [
    ) = ]

5. #6 Indica Kid, Apr 13, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2009
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. I am not even going to bother with pics until there is some WoW factor. All little sprouts look the same.

7. preciate the advice.

8. #9 pimpunclemo, Apr 30, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2009
    So the plant is in flowering now getting all crystaly and such, thought Id post some updated pics.

Oh, a few questions for the more experienced growers too. I was wondering if rabbit droppings could be used as fert? I have a bunch of rabbits and if it was good, I though I would try it out on my next grow. Also, I quit feeding it nutes a little early in flowering I think and all of the larger leaves started dying within a few days. Should I start nutes again for a bit, or just let it ride it out?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Very nice, there gorgous ! :)

Im just starting, and i was wondering how long that took you.

10. Lookin good doood

11. last looked great! cant wait to see what they look like nowww ha

12. Yes you can use rabbit manure as ferts. I've used it before with very good results. Looks like your going to have an early harvest. Nice.:smoking:

13. seriously? how much do you put on the plot? and your talking about the rabbit shit pellets right haha?

14. OK this is a true story. Years ago, ( my first attempt at outdoor growing) I planted some Columbian Gold seedlings in a cornfield. I didn't do anything to the soil just dug a small hole and planted them. I watered them for a couple weeks and they didn't seem to be growing fast enough. So I took rabbit shit, ( as you say):) and put it around the plants on top of the ground about 3 inches thick. Now I lived on the edge of this huge cornfield so I could water them every day if I wanted. So anyhow I just watered through the manure every time, nothing else. I started these plants indoors in the window sill and grew them to 1 foot before they went outside which would have been about the beginning of July. By the middle of Sept they were 15 foot tall trees ! By Oct when I had to pick them because the farmer was cutting the corn, I had thousands of pencil eraser sized immature buds. lol I picked and smoked it all though. lol No it wasn't as good as the weed it came from but it did give you a buzz. I was hooked on growing from that point on! Those first 4 plants are still the biggest ones I've ever grown. But definitely not the biggest producers. lol I will always have a soft spot in my heart for rabbit shit because of this.:smoke: :laughing:

15. that was truly a touching story! haha maybe ill give it a try on a few of my young ladies!