First Time "Outdoor" Grow (All help and Feedback Appreciated)

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by vandal429, Jun 5, 2012.

1. I started my first "Outdoor" grow about 4 weeks ago. Because of my current living situation I am not able to grow indoors, so I thought I would give it a shot outdoor. The patio at my place gets fairly good light, but I have to move the plants to follow the light and this can be kind of a pain. I started the Sweet Tooth first, The Blue Dream about a week later, and I have just transplanted the clone of The Black into a pot three days ago. The first two plants showed good growth once transplanted, and they have both been topped. I immediately started pulling them down to employ SOG method. The Last clone to be transplanted (The Black) has not been topped. After a couple of weeks...I noticed that due to short hours of light the first two plants were trying to flip and produce buds, so I immediately put an artificial light on them (Day Spectrum CFL) and kept them on a 20 on 4 off cycle. Last week I switched the single CFL for two 100W Day Spectrum CFL's (They are marked as putting out 1750 Lumens per) and that is what I am using with all three plants now. I am using General Hydroponics in Soil, and following the recommended schedule. I was wondering if anyone could tell me if it would be most beneficial to the plants to keep them following the light while natural daylight is available, and then putting them under the CFL's for the additional time to keep them from flipping, or if moving them constantly between artificial and real light would cause them shock or damage. Would it be better to just keep them under artificial light? Also...I was wondering if there were any recommended feeding schedules aside from what General Hydroponics recommends. Also any insights to the strains, the setup, or any of the info supplied would be greatly appreciated. I am hoping for this grow to be a success. I have attached some photos. Thanks for taking the time to help me out.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Thanks Again!

2. Info Clarification...The CFL Bulbs are actually 100 watt equivalent. Their actual rating is 27 watts daylight , and claim 1750 Lumens per. potential.

3. One more note: Mykos was used when transplanting Clones into pots.