First time organic greenhouse grow Hawaii

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by smokymcp0t, Aug 20, 2018.

1. If your soul purpose is to keep plants from flowering you can do whats called a "gas lantern routine" which basically is adding an hour of light during the dark period.
    Usually this looks like this:
    12H lights on
    5.5H off
    1H on
    5.5H off

This is able to keep plants in veg even with just a 12H day but of course it can work with longer days as well.
    This is also a great way to keep plants in veg with minimal electric usage (using the 12/5.5/1/5.5 cycle)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Looking good @smokymcp0t. Are you leaving the ends open?

I just picked up this with 10 (150w) LED @ 15w. Just some outdoor string lighting.
    http://a.co/d/2P4lIcc

For the scrog, you can pretty much use whatever you want. If you doing raised bed you can use pvc and mount couplers to the frame. Stretch some funky net over the frame and your good to go. The only tricky part is the 4 and 3 way pvc pieces. Those you can get off amazon. My buddies upcountry use that mason fencing with the 4” squares.

3. Ohh right on scooby I have never heard of that. Does the light need to be a certain intensity or color?

4. Yeah leaving the ends open so air can flow easy, might use chicken wire so i can lock it up not that it would stop anyone from getting in.
    That's a good idea make a little pvc gram to attach net to.

5. That i do not know sorry.

6. I don't either, but I would imagine anything that triggers photosynthesis would do the trick, even something like T12 shop lights.

The whole gist behind gaslighting is, the plants produce a hormone/enzyme during the dark cycle. Enough is produced with x amount of dark to trigger flowering. The 12 hrs of dark we use is way more than needed BTW. Back in SoFl, my plants would go into flower even close to the summer solstice with only 10hrs of dark.

Don't remember if that 1hr of light in the dark cycle destroys the enzyme or merely causes the level to "reset" and not build up enough to induce flowering or just what, it's been a couple of decades since I really read "Marijuana Botany's" detailed account of the process. But, supposedly even a bright full moon was enough for an effect, no need for a huge expensive light for this.

Sorry for the real shit explanation. Simple concept that's kinda complicated to explain. LOL

Greenhouse is looking real nice! Good idea keeping those ends open. Some Vanda's for color and you'll be set.

Wet

• Like Like x 1
  7. #27 wetdog, Sep 3, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2018
    DT

8. Soaked my seeds on 9/2, on 9/3 all my seeds germinated. Pretty stoked on that. Waiting for them to sprout now. As far as the 5 OG train wreck that I sprouted they are not feminized. Iv only used feminized in the past. Is there anyway to find the males before they go to flower?
    Here's a few pictures excited to see some sprouts soon!
    Aloha

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  9. Almost all my plants are sprouting one day after planting. Stoked on the progress. The ones that aren't up their little hook is poking up through the soil.
    I bought a 4ft shop LED shop light to keep on them for a few hours everyday .Hopefully it does the trick.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  10. Here are some pictures about 10 days after seeds sprouted. Still small hoping they aren't stretched too much. Should take off soon IMAG0836.jpg IMAG0835.jpg IMAG0836.jpg IMAG0835.jpg

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  11. IMG_20180919_173644.jpg IMG_20180919_173647.jpg IMG_20180919_173701.jpg

Just a quick photo update. These are actually from a day or two ago. Starting to take off all of the plants have 5 blades per leaf now. I just learned about low stress training and I am going to start bending my plants this weekend. Originally I was going to top and use a scrog but I really like this lst technique and want to give it a try.
    Also my original plan was to do a perpetual grow but I am planning on moving in 6months and will have to restart my grow. So instead I'm going to try and grow 8 monsters :D
    Going to also make my first batch of compost tea soon. I might even buy a nice microscope and brew tea so I get bacteria,protozoa and fungi in a good balance before I apply. I've heard if you monitor your tea and brew over 24hours you can get a good nutrient cycle once protozoa wake up and start feeding on bacteria

12. For me, I like to top once at ~3rd or 4th node and the LST the resulting side branches. YMMV

Wet

13. Yeah that's not a bad idea, still on the fence about topping. Maybe I will do half a see how it affects them for my next grow

14. What I would do was take the 2 tops that developed and the 2 best side branches and LST in a N,S,E,W 4 corners kind of deal, just to give you an idea.

Wet

15. Diesel one of my feminized seeds is not doing hot today..last she was perky and lookkng great. Woke up this am all wilted. Soil never has been too wet or dry. Looking a little brown near crown of plant.. any thoughts? MVIMG_20180922_155407.jpg

16. All the others are looking Strong! Same water schedule and soil for all the plants

Attached Files:

17. Quick photo update. Starting lst on all of them. Some plants are reaporespo better than others. Making my first batch of tea tonight with fresh rain water I collected today. Ohh and diesel didnt make it unfortunately but I planted three more feminized seeds to replace her. They all sprouted the other day!
    Also mixed another 60 gallons of soil. Have 10 20gallon pots to fill

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  18. Transplanted to 3gallon pots

Attached Files:

19. A few more pictures. Getting my 20 gallon pots ready. Going to have to mix more soil...those pots are bigger than I thought lol. Made some tea for the girls. Watered the extra in the big pots to get the biology going.
    Aloha blades

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1