First time/Northern Climate...

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by goober999, Mar 31, 2009.

1. Alright, so I guess I actually have a few questions that I need to ask. BUT first, a little info about my situation. I live in southern Ontario (right around Toronto), the snow is already gone, and a few people and I have decided that we would like to attempt an outdoor grow. I will be purchasing femenized seeds, and there are a few things that I need to know:

1. What is a good hardy strain for a slightly cooler climate, and obviously has a good yield (I know theres no way I'll get a high count my first time :p).
    2. What would be a good time to plant the seeds outdoors (If someone who lives in my neck of the woods could answer this one that'd be great).
    3. Well, actually thats really it for now, I'll be reading a LOT of the techniques and tips on here for the rest of my concerns. Any response would be great! :smoking:

2. im in michigan, my mid seeds are sucking but.. all the purps are doin good.. low light comditions right now.. we should probably wait till the end of april for outdoors.. and grasscity is GOD for help. you can probably find some better strains than just purps. i hear that northern lights are pretty good for outdoors

3. ...and they're appropriately named for the northern outdoors :p thanks for the info. Any more help is greatly appreciated.

4. i would hold onto plants for a while till outdoor... i started mine a little early...mostly for expirement...

5. Anyone else? Any other strain ideas or tips... :smoke:

6. start a nice ruderalis patch. Get a bunch of lowryder strains and do a sea of green later in the season once its a bit warmer. Mayish... this way you can still get a good yield and get many different strains. I know attitude sells a mixed bag of diff. strains its liek 45$. strart them indoors to sprout and then start introducing them outdoors in later april early may, for a couple weeks so they get used to it.

7. Thanks a lot, I'll look into the mixed seeds... So i guess I should start these seeds off soon though huh, they're not gunna smell to bad as seedlings inside are they?

8. UPDATE: My town got covered in snow again. It was all gone... and now its back. fml. :p good thing i didn't put em outside when it was practically summer last week... swear to god the weather here is on crack.

9. no, mine havent started smelling..i think they start smelling on the 3rd set of leaves...im on my baby second ones