first time, need help

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by craig7, Apr 5, 2014.

1. #61 craig7, Apr 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2014
    so today unplugging the fan in there while i was gone definitely saved my ass. i can tell that my mom was pretty close to it because the container i had holding my water (it was empty today) was gone.. so what im thinking about switching to is either back to my original plan (veg plant until it can be planted outdoors) or maybe going with a grow box in a box for that ultra stealthiness. i figure lots of people grow pot just fine in less space than what i have although i dont think whatever i go with would be much smaller than the case it will be in. i'm probably just paranoid but i really wouldnt want my mom getting that close when i've actually got bud in there. as for the plant, the yellowing is getting worse. i still dont have a thermometer (any day now...) but i would guess it's probably just getting too hot. i wanna crank up the ventilation but i've got a pile of dead fans on my floor and it seems pc fans are hard to come by in my city at least at a reasonable price ($15 for an 80mm LOL). if i have to i can throw in one of my pc's 120mm ones but they have blue led's and idk if that would affect the plant.

2. It's getting bad. What can I do? You think moving the plant further from the light might help?

Sent from my SGH-I757M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

3. What soil is it?
    What is the temperature right above the plant? 
    Are you using nutrients? 

4. Yeah we do need to know these things.  It could be heat stress

5. #65 craig7, May 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2014
    soil is home gardener premium potting mix http://www.homehardware.ca/en/rec/index.htm/Outdoor-Living/Yard-Maintenance/Soil-Amendment-Stone/Soil/Potting/18L-Premium-Potting-Soil-Mix/_/N-ntlmyZ2pqfZ67l/Ne-67nZlrhn/Ntk-All_EN/R-I5053434?Ntt=Home+Gardener+Premium
    still have no idea about the temp.. probably too high though. i'll go to the store today and get a thermometer, i promise.
    no nutrients

got the thermometer/hygrometer. I should probably get a good temp around 9pm, i would figure the lights would be as hot as they're gonna get after 3 hrs but i'll also check in the morning right before the lights go off

so far were at about 90 degrees Fahrenheit and about 25% humidity 
    104 Fahrenheit now

6. Temperature is 105f humidity is 20%, although it doesn't measure below 20%

Sent from my SGH-I757M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

7. #67 GoldGrower, May 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2014
    Shit dude that is way too hot you're cooking it. 30℃ (86℉) is the maximum you should go. Optimum is about 25℃ (77℉)

Also the soil may have a too high a nutrient concentration. But that temperature needs sorting for sure 

8. so the plant is dead. gonna try again once i get the ventilation and temperatures sorted out

9. My baby died recently also ): im gonna sort out ph and humidity sensors before i try again