First Time Medical Grow

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by callerahdough, Nov 29, 2017.

1. Hello, I moved to Colorado a few months back and now I'm finally starting my first grow. I'm using soil and I have a 300 watt Mars Hydro LED. Please feel free to check out the pictures and share any feedback. Today is day one and I will be tracking the progress through this grow journal. I picked up some clones that were interesting strains. I have candy kush, orange kush, and crazy glue. I'm excited to start this journey and share the experience with all of you.

Crazy Glue:
    [​IMG]

Candy Kush
    [​IMG]

Orange Kush
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sent from my Life Max using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Here's a few more photos of the setup.
    I'm hanging the light from a hanger but it's doing the trick. The Mars LED's sure are bright. I am using sunglasses to protect my eyes. I'm going to run the lights tonight for 20 on and 4 off and gradually transition to 18 and 6 over the next few days. My logic is that the additional light time initially will assist these clones with the rooting process after being transplanted. I washed all of their leaves by carefully dabbing them with a wet paper towel. We will see how they like everything tomorrow.

[​IMG]

Orange Kush:
    [​IMG]

Candy Kush:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Crazy Glue
    [​IMG]

3. You'll have to get another light when they get bigger. One mars hydro 300 is enough for one plant roughly

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Thanks for that information. I was thinking I would probably need to get another Mar's 300 light when they start getting bigger. I was only planning to grow two but I realized I had plenty of space in the closet for three.

5. Nice start! Lots of medical grows here wish it was legal where I am good luck

6. Thanks! It's been exciting. I moved to Colorado from a completely non-legal state so this has definitely been an interesting and convenient change of laws to say the least.

7. Can you post some pics under natural light?

8. Here is an update for today. I watered them last night and it looks like we have a little bit of growth happening. It seems like some new leaves are definitely forming. Sorry about the picture quality, my camera could be much better on my phone. So far so good though!

[​IMG]

Orange Kush
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Crazy Glue
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Candy Kush
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. I have ordered another MarsHydro 300 light for the closet and will install it as soon as it arrives. The plants are enjoying the LED's and have been growing a lot already. I will post pictures when I get home from work tonight.

10. Here are some pictures of the plants. You can see some leave curling on the orange Kush. I’m guessing it could be overwatering. I’m waiting on a ph meter to come in the mail and then I will begin adjusting the ph of the water.

[​IMG]

Orange Kush:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Crazy Glue:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Candy Kush:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. It’s been a little while but here’s an update if anyone is interested. Plants are doing pretty well aside from a little nutrient burn. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 2