First time Medical grow for your mind, body and soul!

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by Hortila, Nov 10, 2012.

1. :eek: :eek: :eek:

That can't be good..... :smoking:

2. [quote name='"jakesterjammin"']

:eek: :eek: :eek:

That can't be good..... :smoking:[/quote]

That's for sure! And this is without any nutrients yet, just ph'd water. Mind you that water has been sitting for some time now. I want to clean all this out but I'm not sure how. When I first washed everything I used bleach and water.....after doing some reading I've found out that it leaves behind traces out toxins. I've read vinager and baking soda is good for scrubbing the rez, but I want to scrub all the buckets then run some solution so all my feeder tubing get clean to. Any advice from y'all is much appreciated, and needed!

3. #83 cdphalanx, Nov 20, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2012
    Pool shock!

edit: used it in my rdwc system per JJ's suggestion at roughly .5g/gal. Added to res, stirred it up and let it run. Clean as a whistle since.

4. [quote name='"cdphalanx"']Pool shock![/quote]

I was hoping you'd chim in. I recall looking for that info on your thread because I noticed a while back you were cleaning out your system as well. Couldn't find it thou, your thread moves quick, lol which its a good thing. But thanks again, I'll read up on ratios.

5. [quote name='"cdphalanx"']Pool shock!

edit: used it in my rdwc system per JJ's suggestion at roughly .5g/gal. Added to res, stirred it up and let it run. Clean as a whistle since.[/quote]

Lol perfect thanks again! So half gallon of pool shock to 1 gallon of water, right?

6. Tossed the ratio as an edit in my last post, but I think I know what the slime is youre talking about. I had something similar, though I wouldve more called it 'clear-ish'. No Idea what caused it, but a drain, scrub (h2o2+water) the res/pump/airstones and pool shock cleaned everything right up

No! Half a gram! ... sorry... shouldve been more clear

7. :eek:

maybe a little less than half gallon... lol

8. Lol half gram ok ok, lol. So you used h2o2 for your scrub down....(guessing the 30% stuff) then you ran the entire system(pump, air stone and tubing) with the pool shock?

9. #89 cdphalanx, Nov 20, 2012
    To be honest, not even sure what % it is off the top of my head. Its whatever they had on the shelf at CVS/Walgreens. I can check when I get home, but that wont be for another 4hrs or so.

But this is what I did:
    Scrub Res (h2o2+water)
    Scrub Pump (h2o2+water)
    Scrub Airstones (h2o2+water)
    Scrub anything else that had the slime (h2o2+water)
    Soak/Rinse everything above in tap water
    Re-assemble system
    Fill res
    Add pool shock at 0.5gram per 1gallon to res
    Stir res thoroughly
    Run system

10. [quote name='"cdphalanx"']
    To be honest, not even sure what % it is off the top of my head. Its whatever they had on the shelf at CVS/Walgreens. I can check when I get home, but that wont be for another 4hrs or so.

But this is what I did:
    Scrub Res (h2o2+water)
    Scrub Pump (h2o2+water)
    Scrub Airstones (h2o2+water)
    Scrub anything else that had the slime (h2o2+water)
    Soak/Rinse everything above in tap water
    Re-assemble system
    Fill res
    Add pool shock at 0.5gram per 1gallon to res
    Stir res thoroughly
    Run system[/quote]

Nice thanks for that, I can wait til you get that info no problem. I'm trying to find this pool shock online locally in Canada. A lot of different names for the product up here. Home depot and Canadian Tire seam to have different types of these products, pretty confusing. I've got to dig it up. What was the product line?

11. Just another one you'll have to wait for. When I get home I'll take a picture of it.

I found it at my local 'True Value Hardware' store. Home Depot didnt have any in stock (out of season).

I bought 3x 1 pound bags of it, which was everything they lad left in stock. Paid under $10usd total.

If you cant find it, let me know and we can look into me shipping you one of my bags. Ive obviously got plenty to spare. Just not sure if customs/etc are going to like shipping potentially hazardous material.

12. [quote name='"cdphalanx"']
    Just another one you'll have to wait for. When I get home I'll take a picture of it.

I found it at my local 'True Value Hardware' store. Home Depot didnt have any in stock (out of season).

I bought 3x 1 pound bags of it, which was everything they lad left in stock. Paid under $10usd total.

If you cant find it, let me know and we can look into me shipping you one of my bags. Ive obviously got plenty to spare. Just not sure if customs/etc are going to like shipping potentially hazardous material.[/quote]

Lol. Yeah Canada won't allow it for sure. Like many awesome stuff you guys have! If you don't mind take a look at the links and let me know if any jump at you. And I didn't even think of the seasonal issue, shit its frozen over up here!

13. Almost positive that its this, but will confirm when I get home.
    http://www.rona.ca/en/shock-treatment---pool-shock-treatment

14. lol @ beauty

fuckin doug mckenzie over here :laughing:

15. #97 Hortila, Nov 20, 2012
    [quote name='"hello ladies"']

lol @ beauty

fuckin doug mckenzie over here :laughing:[/quote]

Lol....no more like Don Cherry......he's a"beauty"or a "beaut" if you will!

Non the less thanks for stopping in hello ladies! Things are slow going right now but will pick up once I clean everything top to bottom!

I'm really looking forward to my Blue Venom strain, looks and smells great so far. Not much info on her out there so we'll see what she does real soon!

16. Don Cherry is my hero. I often find myself wishing I grew up in CA and not the US. Not ehough people appreciate the fine sport of ice hockey down here.

17. [quote name='"cdphalanx"']Don Cherry is my hero. I often find myself wishing I grew up in CA and not the US. Not ehough people appreciate the fine sport of ice hockey down here.[/quote]

I know what you mean dude! My gramps was a huge hockey fan, came to Canada when the leafs last won the cup. He got a satellite dish to just watch hockey and his channel from back home. He loved the fights, back then they were better then now of course. He would honestly watch every game on the TV til he passed. And having a dish he watched a lot.

Unfortunatly I'm a leafs fan so it's hard watching hockey for me, has been for many many years. Side note my moms knows the person that paints DC ties, and years ago my grandma worked for the company he gets his suites from. He's proud to be, and gets his gear locally in Ontario.

18. Thats awesome!

I feel ya on being a Leafs fan. Thats gotta suck!

I pay for NHL Center Ice, since I cant get NYR games up here in MA. My wife is a big Bruins fan, too, so when they play on the same nights its a battle for who gets to watch live and who has to DVR their games, haha :D

Fun fact: My mother and father played co-ed pick-up hockey with Brian Burke and Ron Wilson during their time at Providence College in the mid-late 70s. Mom had her nose broken by an errant puck from one of them (cant remember which).

:wave: