First time Medical grow for your mind, body and soul!

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by Hortila, Nov 10, 2012.

1. so do i , as you get older :poke: your eyes start to blur :p :( .

middy
    (old git)

2. Mad storm half way through flower, lost power for nearly ten days so there light cycle got all fucked up so they stretched a second time.

3. [quote name='"Unhinged"']

Mad storm half way through flower, lost power for nearly ten days so there light cycle got all fucked up so they stretched a second time.[/quote]

Wow that's pretty crappy to say the least, but good information. Shitty that whore mother nature managed to mess your crop even indoors! Geez

4. [quote name='"highjack30"']subbed![/quote]

Nice great to see you HJ! Fantastic update today btw! Real glad you joined in dude! Since I'm new any advice or pointers are welcome!

5. #66 Hortila, Nov 16, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2012
    So I managed to step out during lunch and grab the items I need for my duct booster fans and a diy carbon scrubber. So annoying when a store isn't open on weekends and closes at 4:30, geez what a piss off!

At least now I can get busy on this project! I've got to say this is all pretty exciting for me, never really done anything this big before like building the room from floor up, building my platform and so on. Geez that was the first time I've ever used a power saw, other then a massive steel cutting saw in a welding shop. Pretty happy with what I've built so far, hopefully it will continue with this new project and many more diy's to come!

6. #67 Hortila, Nov 19, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2012
    Saturday I worked on the exhaust fan, that was a lot of cutting galvanized steel. Took much longer then expected. Sunday I tested the new $100 air pump I bought and I'm not happy. It's the eco air 8, and it seams to do the same as the pump I got from pet smart. Since it's got 8 outlets I've attached 2 air stones to each bucket just like rumpleforskin's bubble bucket tutorial. I mean I was expecting a lot more bubbles then what I've got.
    The water level is .5" from the bottom of the baskets and they do get wet but in time. I made sure to cut each hose to the exact sane length and this eco 8 is only running 4 of my six buckets. The other 2 has the top fin 8000, that has 4 outlets and is producing the same amount of air but with two 6" air stones instead of the little ones in the other 4 buckets.

Think I'm going to bite the bullet and run it as is. This search for the proper pump is honestly draining me. I just want to transplant already! Here's a few pics of the progress. Anybody have any suggestions for a pump I'd really really appreciate it!

Attached Files:

7. Man. Those are suuuuuuper stretched, but look very healthy.

As for your air problem. Im using the Eco Air 4 and it seems to be perfectly fine. I hate to ask, but are you sure you have the dial turned all the way up on the pump? Mine has a black dial on the top of the pump.

8. #69 Hortila, Nov 19, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2012
    [quote name='"cdphalanx"']Man. Those are suuuuuuper stretched, but look very healthy.

As for your air problem. Im using the Eco Air 4 and it seems to be perfectly fine. I hate to ask, but are you sure you have the dial turned all the way up on the pump? Mine has a black dial on the top of the pump.[/quote]

Thanks for the quick reply dude, I was thinking once I get them in the buckets I should top the BV since they are the largest but all this is new to me so I'm not sure if I should. Those are the healthiest of them all, the VK seam to be growing in new growth a much lighter green color. I'm a little worried about them and I'm not sure if it has to do with them not liking nutes, or some sort of problem. I've read up that they are bitchey with the nutes.

With my pump I've turned it as far up as it can go, but it weird because when I do that the nob IRS about on the middle, you'd think it would be able to turn all the way to the right for full blast and all the way left for off. Does your dial do the same? When you look at it does it seam like you can turn it further? I've tried to force it ask the way right and get it to where it stops and that's it.

9. Cant really comment one what you should do with the plants. Not experienced enough for that, yet.

But yes, the dial on my pump is the exact same thing. Its bizarre. That being said, though, its still enough bubbles, or so it seems.

10. [quote name='"cdphalanx"']

But yes, the dial on my pump is the exact same thing. Its bizarre.[/quote]

That good to know at least

11. Here is a pic of one of the VK I was talking about that has some new growth looking light green or yellow. Hope it comes thru in the pic.

Attached Files:

12. Hey JJ......I've been thinking about the room divider with the door entrance and I'm thinking I'm going to scrap that idea even thou it is a good one. Instead I think I'm going to still use the poly with the 2x2 wrapped on each end and hang it vertically, so they run parallel with the ceiling and floor.

I've been looking at my flower space and I'm still needing to add a dehumidifier and portable ac in the summer. I'd have to put that on the one side of the room, thus not allowing my platform to move that direction. I'm thinking when I need to train under the screen I could raise the poly wall and move the platform forward to allow access to all four sides. What say you JJ?

13. Ya, if that's what you think works the best....
    As long as you can get to 3 sides, you should be good....

14. Is the screen going to somehow move WITH the platform? If not, then youre going to probably have issues moving the platform and having your training get all wonky.

15. [quote name='"jakesterjammin"']

Ya, if that's what you think works the best....
    As long as you can get to 3 sides, you should be good....[/quote]

Cool, this way I'll be able to get to all four sides. I'm going to see how light tight it is once up. Probably have to tape the sides or something. The only light that I have to worry about is the window which I'll put poly on and the entrance but it's not all that close to the divider.

16. [quote name='"cdphalanx"']Is the screen going to somehow move WITH the platform? If not, then youre going to probably have issues moving the platform and having your training get all wonky.[/quote]

Yeah it will move with my monster platform. Have a look back at the pic, I'll screw four 2x4 posts at all corners then attach four more 2x2 in between the posts to hang movable reflective Mylar boards along the two sides that won't be all that close to the walls for more lumens.

17. Can anybody tell me what deficiency I'm dealing with here? This would be the other bitchy VK. Thanks in advance.

Attached Files:

18. So I'm breaking down my system to remove it from the room so I can give it another clean and put poly on the ground. Im in the basement and have noticed bugs crawling around. I was doing some work in here and kicked up some dust. I got a good bit in the rez and In the water pump. So I was wondering what do you guys out there use to clean the system. I'm not going to take the buckets apart, just removed the rez from the system.

19. I wish I took a picture last night but while cleaning out the rez I found this plastic little fake tree used in aquariums. I have no clue how that got in there, I'm guessing it may have come from the pump because just looking in the rez prior to cleaning I didn't see anything. But while moving the pump around I opened the one side and it could have possibley came from inside. I've got no clue. I'll look for that thing tonight and post a pic if I can find it. It had some grose grey slime on it thou.