First time Medical grow for your mind, body and soul!

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by Hortila, Nov 10, 2012.

1. [quote name='"4ddiction"']Hey! They are 11" thank you very much!![/quote]

That's what I thought....lol! From what I gather 8-11" is what you want right?

2. 9-13 I believe

3. [quote name='"4ddiction"']9-13 I believe[/quote]

Ah good to know

4. I've got a ceiling hight just under 9', wondering if I should make use of that space and grow some monsters!? I've only got the 6 now and I'd love to end up with 2 lbs+......but being a newb I know that's just asking for too much. I should set a realistic goal of 4.5 oz's per lady, so 1.75 lbs hopefully!

5. Well, you have to remember that the taller you get, the less intense the power gets further away from the light, so you'll need more light to penetrate down... or deal with popcorn buds

6. [quote name='"cdphalanx"']
    Well, you have to remember that the taller you get, the less intense the power gets further away from the light, so you'll need more light to penetrate down... or deal with popcorn buds[/quote]

Good point, only way around that would be lolly poppin the girls I guess

7. #47 cdphalanx, Nov 16, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2012
  8. No I've got the msg, when I first joined GC I noticed JJ's avatar in almost every thread I looked up! The guys a beast, really cool that he cares to help ppl in here with their meds! And even set them up in person, crazy! To date he's given me great advice and many others as well!

It's got to be said he's got skills and has managed to make ppl like me starting out turn out some crazy results! I just hope I can turn a good run out the gates! I'm really excited about the BV, smells so nice and growing with no issues so far. If I do run a scrog I've got to figure out what to do with my rhino skin! But it's only $35 I guess.

9. He gets around like the village bicycle ;)

:wave:

lol

10. No they were at least 3'. and some of the sides had to be 4'...
    Unhinged did dat 1... ;)

11. [quote name='"Unhinged"']

He gets around like the village bicycle ;)

lol[/quote]

Lol. Nice way of putting it! Lol

12. [quote name='"jakesterjammin"']

No they were at least 3'. and some of the sides had to be 4'...
    Unhinged did dat 1... ;)[/quote]

Lol, oh.....didn't catch that scrog. Just his current tables. I still have a lot of threads to catch up on, your past tut, unhinged and middys. But I've got that work you know!

Still lots to do in the chamber. I've got to get a proper air pump for the buckets. Tried 3 diff ones from pet stores. Running the top fun 8000 & was the same as the one below it. I'm thinking I'll have to try and find one at a descent price on Ebay but being in Canada it'll take like 2-3 Weeks for delivery and "ain't nobody got time for that" lol! So the search continues with the work as well!

13. Do you have a garden store nearby?

I didnt think there were any near me, but then did a quick search and found out there are at least 4 within 30min of me. Granted, 3 of them its a really painful 30min and my main go-to is like 30min round trip.

14. [quote name='"cdphalanx"']Do you have a garden store nearby?

I didnt think there were any near me, but then did a quick search and found out there are at least 4 within 30min of me. Granted, 3 of them its a really painful 30min and my main go-to is like 30min round trip.[/quote]

Yeah I've got 3 hydro stores in the city. Only thing is I'm on a tight budget and not a big fan of paying retail for things I know I could get for less. I'll be running 9 buckets in total in the future so I want to find a pump strong enough for that.

One store has he General Hydroponics Dual Diaphragm air pump for $100. It's got the 4 nipples on it (picture online), I'd rather just the one and adding a manifold to make sure all get about the same amount of air. Not even sure if that one pump would cut it. Was looking at the sunleaves pumps, great prices and options in size but cause in up North I get screwed on shipping that's of they shop this way at all! Geez

15. Ya shit was retarded... lol

Had two stretches and some hermied... :eek:

GG

:metal:

16. [quote name='"Unhinged"']

Ya shit was retarded... lol

Had two stretches and some hermied... :eek:

GG

:metal:[/quote]

Geez that's crazy shit..... Two stretches? Wow never heard of that! Hopefully you still got a decent yield. I'm guessing you should be chopping this batch right away?!

17. So just checked on my temps in my chamber, as of right now 21.6c 62% RH, max is the same min is 18.8c 54% RH. Not bad, all this with no air movement what so ever, and 18 hrs total of light. I'll see how that goes tomorrow. Water temp is at 20.5c with only the pump circulating at 24 hours.

18. You want to be between 23.8c and 25.5c on chamber temps....
    Water temp is perfect, and can get down to 18.4c..

19. [quote name='"jakesterjammin"']

You want to be between 23.8c and 25.5c on chamber temps....
    Water temp is perfect, and can get down to 18.4c..

:wave:[/quote]

Yeah in my mind I was aiming for 24c for the chamber, I'm guessing I should have that by tomorrow at least. Only issue in my mind is when I finally start exhausting air it's going to get a little cooler due to the window being open and it's cold here! I'm going to place a piece of plywood with a hole for the ducting in the frame of the window and close it snug so it stays put. I can only imagine that will make things cooler till I add more lights I'm sure.

20. I was going to say wtf jj you need glasses!