First time Marijuana Trip???

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by justingray, Dec 16, 2016.

1. Alright so I have smoked a few times before this event with my friends, like let's say a 1g joint or a or a blunt. And for the first 3-4 times I smoked I literally felt nothing, I would smoke a decent amount that would get my friends that are complete stoners high.

So this one day I go to my friends house at like 1 am and he wants to smoke, again I am kinda "new" to it so we end up smoking 3 1g blunts 2 bong hits and just puffs and puffs out of this bubbler. So I still feel fine and then 45 mins later I fucking trip hard... like not a weed high.

Everything felt slow motion, 3 FPS, and of course my friends were fucking with me so that didn't help ok. For the first 45 mins I couldn't believe this was really life, I felt like a dream. I guess it wasn't "bad" if I was just chilling or laying down. But my friends wanted to do something so we ended up playing guitar and shit as loud as we could and that shit really fucked me up. The noises were pounding my ears.

So I have to explanations for this:

1. anxiety attack?? although I never had it before

2. My friends said that since I never smoked Sativa before, it was kicking it for the first time, especially because I smoked a lot of it. Is that a true thing? Not smoking sativa can give you those effects??

Overall this effect lasted about 8 hours, but he weird thing is, the whole time I felt no "weed" high, just tripping out. But I talked normal. Definantly was strange...

• Like Like x 1
  2. I'd say it was number 2.

Anyway, you reminded me of the first time i tripped out on weed. It was probably 1973 I was 13 years old and had a couple of bowls of mex-brick. Black light shining on my flourescent posters. I sit back in my bean bag chair, put on some headphones (earbuds were not around back then), and listened to the entire Pink Floyd Dark side of the moon album. With my eyes closed, and that trippy music in my brain, I was trippen. Unforgettable. :)

3. I felt a trip like that a few weeks ago and was surprised it was from just weed but it happens. I think I was just high as fuck

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. You were just high as shit man

• Like Like x 1
  5. I just think it's funny how this shit is becoming more prevalent among new smokers now.
    I've been smoking close to 16 years and I never had this 'bad trip' all the kids are going on about these days.

Not getting on you case, OP, it just makes me wonder is all.

6. @justingray
    Cannabis is a very complex (DRUG) being made up of a dozen or more major cannabinoids and as many aromatic terpenoids all combining to give you the (High) you feel.. This is why no two strains or even clones grown in different spots in the same yard have the same flavors and effects.. Light, Temps, Nutes all play a role in what being built over the 70 days or so it's in flower.. Genetics plays it's part but environmental plays just as big a part..
    Just a good trip is all it was.. A unique combination of all the good things that make up the plant we all love so much.. Toke on..
    BNW

7. @Mack D Rockefeller
    The first time I made hash oil capsules following badkats thread it was the equivalent of a 4 way hit of a very famous drug from the 60s in it's intensity and didn't wear off for about 6 hours and I'm no newbee kid.. Right on the edge of scary white knuckle ride time stuff.. I had the spins and kept whiting out but stayed the good side of getting sick from it.. My smoking buddy who was my safety check just kept laughing at me the whole time..
    Had more then a few wild rides getting dosing down with that stuff..
    I can see people who's first brush with really good smoke getting a bit more then they bargained for.. Kinda like that first time you drink way more high proof booze then you should..
    I gave 2 tokes of my dry ice hash to a friend last year and he didn't come down for 3 hours.. Says he saw his deity and had a nice chat with him-her.. From my point of view he was setting upright but near comatose as all he'd do was blink even when poked or spoken to..
    BNW

8. Sounds like a first time, stoned as balls sativa high to me. Sativas don't bode well for everyone. Last time I smoked I'm pretty sure I had a sativa dominant weed. It was like a two hour panic attack. As someone battling some pretty serious anxiety issues, I CANNOT do sativas.

I don't usually have panic attacks either (I can count on one hand for a lifetime), even though I have anxiety issues. Mine manifests itself as just being stressed out and uneasy all the time, without reason. Try a couple of things and find an indica dominant strain and see how it makes you feel. Try smoking less. It may have just been too much. In the end, maybe weed just isn't for you? If this is the sort of reaction you have to it, and you don't find it a more pleasant experience than being sober.

9. You were just fucking baked. It happens as someone new to the experience...

10. Man these legal state sativas are like a whole nother level of being high lol. I smoke indica, no fucking problem, Sativa has me all disoriented and ab-fucking-stract. I love it!