First time marijuana grower here!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by natethegreat, Jan 5, 2009.

1. #1 natethegreat, Jan 5, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2009
    So I purchased an AeroGarden and some g13 seeds and its been a few days since planting. Some of the seeds already sprouted. I will post pics, i just do not know how to, if someone can help please let me know. Also does anyone have any recommendations as to coming out with the best possible buds with this machine? All looks well so far, will keep you all posted. Thanks in advance for all your help. I currently have it on the tomato setting, is this correct? How much lighting should i be putting on to these bad boys?
    Nathan

2. Welcome to GC, Nate. Sounds like you have some reading/research to do. There's a TON of great info in the MJ Growing forums on GC. The Search function is yer friend. For better searches, use the Advanced Search (click on Search and the click on Advanced Search from the drop down). See the pic below.

Try finding something based on the title of a thread (cuz searching anywhere in any thread is gonna produce waaaay too many results, many not relevant). Type in yer keyword(s) where you see I put in AeroGarden, next to the first red arrow. The second red arrow is pointing to a drop down where you can select to search for words in the TITLE of a thread only. The third arrow shows where I selected MARIJUANA GROWING as the forum to search. That's actually searching all the sub-forums in MJ Growing, so I'm not looking at the non-growing forums on GC.

When I ran that I got 37 results... that's 37 separate threads just about growing with an Aerogarden. That amount of readin should keep you busy for a while. Have a look and let us know if we can answer some specific questions arising from your research.

Wanna know how to post pix? Do an advanced search on the whole forum, but with keywords "how post pictures". I bet you find a thread or two that will show you how to post pix here...

GL with the grow!! :D

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

3. Hey! Welcome to GC! There have been a lot of grows using this machine to achieve desirable results, albeit not spectacular. Which model did you get? I've heard the pro 200 and deluxe are both the best models for growing cannabis, however, you can get upgrade kits. People typically get a figure eight cable which attaches to the lights, that then plugs into a wall timer. Most importantly, however, you should get an air pump and bubble stone to provide oxygenation to the roots. Also do your self a favor and pick up some quality nutes. The AG ones are mediocre at best, and are designed more for herbs and tomatoes rather than cannabis.

4. Hey, thanks for the info. I purchased the pro 200. Where do i pick up this oxygenation kit? Any fish/aquarium store? Also i ordered some nutes online. How many hours should the light be on during germanation/ sprouting?

5. you dont need any lights on during germination or until the seedling has sprouted. then you can turn your lights on.

6. You can pick them up at any pet store, fish store, walmart etc. You'll need the pump, tubing, a stone (i like the ones with suction cups on them) and a back flow valve to stop any flooding. Alternitively you can put the pump higher than the tank, but its better to be safe than sorry. The valve is optional, but its only 1 or 2 bucks. You dont need lights for germination, however, once they have sprouted, they will need light 18+ hours. I prefer 24 hours on (24/0); most people do 18 on, 6 off (18/6); you can also use 20/4.

7. Thanks so much for all your help.