Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

First time making cannabutter, a few questions

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Jakr, Sep 21, 2017.

1. Im going to attempt to make some cannabutter later on today for the first time. I don’t have cheese cloth or a metal strainer which one should I buy?
    When I strain it out should it be to a metal or plastic container?

• Like Like x 1
  2. I ground my herb to powder and dont even bother straining.
    I have used cheesecloth, but I useta reuse the strained herb in a cookie mix and it would still
    get me stoned so I knew I was loosing some of my high by leaving out the herb.

But If you do use it go ahead and buy both, they are cheap and you can figure out which you prefer.
    The strainer will always be there, cheese cloth you gotta by more.

Metal, plastic pyrex, ceramic doesnt really matter. I prefer ceramic or metal because plastic trips me out, paranoid for carcinogenic chemicals being released lol.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Okay thanks man so you just grind it up really fine and when the butter is finished just pour it straight into a container. Do you ever shake your bud for some kief before pouring it into the pot or not?

• Like Like x 1
  4. You don't even need to bother making butter. Decarb @ 240 F for 40 min using an oven thermometer, grind to fine powder, bake into any recipe or mix into anything oily.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. You can shake for kief if you like, it won't affect your finished product. As stated, decarb is a must. 240F for 40 minutes. It's smart to ask your questions before making your edibles. A surprising number of people only ask after they've reached the point of no return. Enjoy.