Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

First time making canna oil ... Question

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by MidnitTokr, Jun 23, 2012.

1. So I made some canna oil for the first time today. Ground up 5 or 6 grams and decarbed on a cookie sheet in the oven at 220F for 20 minutes.

Then put the weed in one cup of canola oil in a saucepan on the stovetop at lowest simmer setting for about 2.5 hours. Stirred it every 20 minutes or so, and used a laser thermometer thing to keep the cooking temp between 280F - 345F. Even on the lowest heat I had to shut it off every so often to keep it from going over 350F.

My question is: What's the best way to store this oil? Will it ever go bad? I poured it back into the plastic bottle and put it in the cupboard. Should I refrigerate it or will it be okay in the cupboard?

2. if you put it in the freezer in a sealed container, it will last a couple months at least.

you should have tried to keep it at a lower temp. when cooking it up over 300 for that long, it is very possible you destroyed some cannabinoids. you will def be left with a couch lock/body high brownie also

3. Thanks. I'm gonna make brownies or mini muffins right now, then put the rest of the oil in the freezer. I'll try to keep the temp down on the next batch too.

Got pretty high yesterday just from licking the oil off my fingers and using a piece of bread to wipe out the measuring cup.

Didn't realize I was high until i bought some rolled tacos last night and HOLY CRAP they were the best tasting thing ever!!! I was smacking that food and savoring it! :D

4. Frig is fine. Freezer if you want. The Shelf is good to but thats only if your sure there is no organic material in it. Every year a handful of people get sick from there infused Olive Oils that they make at home and what they dont realize is they never heated it up to destroy the bacteria and end up getting botulism. Garlic while healthy can habor bad things.

5. Thanks. I put it in the freezer. Definately don't wanna get the botulism. That would be a major buzz kill :(

Made brownies and ate the first one at 8pm tonight. Started feeling it a little at 30 minutes. After 1.5 hrs it was real mellow and was going to eat another one. Glad I didn't because at 2 hr mark it hit full force. :hello: