First time making bho

Discussion in 'DIY and Homemade' started by calpal47, Feb 17, 2019.

?

Did i do well for a first try

1. Yes

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Ive made qwiso many times and make a beautiful transparent amber oil almost every time but i bought a blasting tube and what i figured to be the best butane whippet premium hopfully i.was correct anyways im not well versed with making bho but i just want to get some input and make sure i did it properly first i packed my tube with about 35 grams of high quality bottom bags from AAA Purple berry kush pretty much just broken up nigs i lightly packed it not too tight bit not super loose and filled it up completely i blasted it in the freezing cold in my garage into a pyrex dish and warmed it with a bath of boiling water these white chunks precipitated out during the boiling of the butane and i figured they may be waxes or fats considering it was -30when i did this idk tho im not great with this so i removed them with a razor blade i waited till all the butane was gone and i had just the bubbles in the oilnand in took it inside amd popped all the bubbles and spread it out into a thim film and put it into the oven on low heat for 2 hours stiring occasionally to pop bubbles then i scraped it all onto parchment paper and let it cool i ended up with a amber shatter semi transparent very similar to what i make with qwiso but this was glass hard and snapped like candy its almost annoying how shattery it is bit it tastes wonderful and i think i did well ill post a pic a d hopefully i can get some input i got 6.2 gs out of 35 grams

Attached Files:

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. Good job. Looks nice. I've done it at -30 before. Cold enough to keep the butane liquid. Gave me the idea to put it in a jar with some -30 flower. Let it sit for a while...too long. Came out green. Lol With it that cold a loose pack is OK, with warmer temps tho packing the tube helps keep the butane liquid. Creates a higher pressure in the tube.

Sent from my XT1093 using Tapatalk

3. Thank you for the input! Greatly appreciated