Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

First time making bho

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by carltonbanks1, Jul 20, 2013.

1. So I have everything I need to make BHO, and I have a couple questions.  I have an oz of some dank and 2-3 oz of shake.  I was wondering how tight you should pack the extractor tube?  Also I was wondering if you should freeze your material before you pack it? Ive seen people saying freeze your material or put it in the oven and I was wondering if this is necessary? 

2. Wrong section for the best answers.
    Search ISOHEAD Thread.

Ask questions there for making oil.
    Those guys got it to a science.

3. #3 ConcentrateCharlie, Jul 23, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2013

haha he has questions about BHO and you want to send him to the ISOHEADthread??

I pack my tube very tightly but evenly,make sure its chopped up pretty fine, not a poweder, but so its not in chunks. i only pack a .2-.3g at a time and pack it right and evenly, then add a lil more and repeat until the entire tube is packed tight, dont skimp out on the end, dont rush and try to get it done fast, packing 15-20g takes me at least an hour.

You do NOT need to freeze anything when making BHO, ive done both frozen and un frozen with no change in color or yield. If you were using an extractor tube that accomedates dry ice around the tube then it may be benifitial but just throwing it in your freezer and taking it back out will not really do anything, trust me ive run experiments with the same bud with a 24 hour freeze, and a no freeze, with no differnce in product.

4. #4 ckycampmember, Jul 24, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2013
    Ya that thread has a plethora of knowledge about oil. They discuss numerous methods of extractions...

5. Just don't blow yourself up and you'll be fine :p

6. id be more worried about purging then blowing the tane.

7. freezing doesn't do much. Also as far as tightness i've heard from many experienced blades that a medium pack is better than tight. It effects yield a good amount. So pack it medium not to snug not to light.

8. there is much more info specifically about bho in the multiple bho threads out there. I think the best one is: http://forum.grasscity.com/harvesting-processing-medical-marijuana/1122034-how-make-bho-pass-testing-really-nice-waxshatter.html

OP don't bother freezing it, I've heard it doesn't make a difference; the butane does that for you anyways. I'm not sure it matters how tight you pack the tube; just as long as air can still get through it. You can go pretty damn tight though. Try blowing through the tube to test how tight it is if you want but I usually just wing it.

9. than

Thanks for your input, i just paranoid that it is going to explode when im doing this lol

10. #10 ♥ TrAin x Wr3cK ♥, Jul 29, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2013
    I have a feeling that all the BHO peeps n ISO peeps are gonna have a huge brawl in the near future lol

But OP, I heard break up in grinder then pack it down there pretty tight.....tighter the better. And then after its packed........put the whole thing in the freezer for a lil. And the freezer should help those trichs fall off a lil easier IMO.

Jus some info I ran across, im sure everybodys got diffrnt methods tho