First time lower budget cfl grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by dankyxbuds, Jul 12, 2016.

1. they look like you might be over watering a little bit. Make sure you let them dry out a bit more between waterings

• Like Like x 1
  2. Congrats manthere is a chart showing your all the deficiency in leafs (google) it's pretty good shows you wot to look for, if you are over watering it go by the weight of the pot when watering the wait till feather light, lookin good tho pal

Sent from my SM-G930F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ok... yeah that pic was after watering... i think i gave it too much.. i been waiting about 3 days between watering.... i will start giving them less...

4. Not to sure how it works indoors mate but I water till I get decent run off then check pots till really light, I got told better to have hungry plants than over watered plants, can you get mollasses (black treatle) I swear by the stuff feeds the micro soil

• Like Like x 1
  5. So i think the leaf problem was from light burn... i probly moved the light and hit the leaf a few times. I read a few articles one of wich said that light burn can cause the leaf to turn brown.... also i checked up on some molasses... i seen one called Golden Barrel unsulfured blackstrap molasses it was only 8.51 so i might get it... couldnt find and black treatle so idk... also i am going to order a 250 watt 2700k cfl on tuesday... should give enough light for all 4 lol... =)

6. Did u check that deficiency chart? Could be more than light burn, it's worth a check, yea mollasses is black treacle 2 tps diluted in warm water then into 9litres room temp water then feed till u get run off feed again when dry. More light sounds good

• Like Like x 1
  7. Yeah i checked a few of those deficiency charts the closest i seen was calcium deficiency... so ill keep an eye out to see if it keeps happening, when i watered i used regular water so that should help...

8. Subbed, ive got and indoor cfl grow in flowering too

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

9. Hell yeah Retsjo, also thanks for subbing... you keepin a journal?.... also how far along?

10. Havent got a journal but i might just post some pics here.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  11. First time grow no nutrients yet and bagseed

• Like Like x 1
  12. Nice... i did have 1 plant before these... was a bagseed from San Fernando Valley ogk, turned out male though =( ... all good though this grow turned out all ladies makes up for it =) , well i wish you luck on a plentiful and dank harvest... :bongin:

13. Hmmm i just found out i can order a 150 watt hps bulb for 11$ and order an adapter from E26 to E39 base for 6$ thats cheaper than buying a CFL for 50$ and alot more lumens... but you think it will get too hot? Its only 150 watt... idk?..

14. Would've be ideal but temps could get high for that kind of setup?

Follow my continuous outdoor grow First Grow Outdoors

15. #55 dedicated2urlove, Aug 21, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2016
    I'm pretty sure you need a ballast to run that hps bulb. I think the lights require more voltage?

Have you tried Craigslist? I've seen the 150w hps "all in one" units there for 30 to 40.

Hey and on post #40 in like your second pic. It looks like you've got your light reflector pointing away from the plant. Is that how it's set up?

• Like Like x 1
  16. I did the exact opposite with container size and watering. I used a 2.5 gallon pot from the beginning and water with nutrients 2 times a week. Soils stays 'wet' on the meter and looks moist. PH has been good. I follow the FoxFarm soil grow schedule.
    Plant seems to be growing fine. I guess I will see when it comes to flowering. I used the same practices I use for my garden veggies.
    Your root logic doesn't makes sense to me, but this is my first weed grow so I really have no experience other than with my garden veggies.

17. Hey whats up dedicated... thanks for the info on the hps bulb, i was wondering if i needed one... but nah thats just the bottom... i made a ghetto butterfly reflector and put it on the dome reflector... i think there might be a few pics before that ill upload some pics when the ladies wake up at 10...

• Like Like x 1
  18. The difference you'll see with HPS vs. CFl will be astronomical. Just make sure you have a ballast to run that bulb.

A small investment will go a REALLY long way. And even if you aren't selling your harvest, growing is an extremely satisfying hobby!

19. Ok. I was gonna say you need those lights shining right on the plant haha.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Ok... so Day : 15 of flowering,
    Everything coming along pretty good... the top main stem and cola is pretty thick... probably gunna do a little more defoliation in about 5 days... anyway havent seen any more leaves showing symptoms... maybe its the nutes?... they are pretty weak so i wouldnt think so... also what would be good nutes to get from home depot? And what is a good NPK ratio?anyway here is a few cola pics n more... =)

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1