Harvest Day!!!!! - ((First time, looking for feedback. (adding as I grow))

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by LoneGardener, Jun 22, 2018.

1. #1 LoneGardener, Jun 22, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2018
    Skip to the last post to see where things are at!

First timer here using a 4x4 tent with LED and an autopot setup.

I'm 25 days from germination. Still trying to dial it in but I've got some really strong roots. The plants are 5th and 6th nodes in. gonna top tomorrow. Afghani CBD strain. I figure at least 2-3 more weeks of veg?

Coco/perlite
    Green Planet nutes, too strong at first, water with straight water only every 3rd
    30" from lights, recently raised a bit as leaves appeared to be getting burnt
    18/6 from start
    ph was high, lowered now
    keeping tent at 80 degrees, bout 50-60% humidity

How do my girls look?

Any tips?

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  2. Pretty decent. I wish I could see them without the LED Lights because they look a little yellow. Are they? Other than that looks great tight nodes.

3. Ya they have a little yellowing between the veins. May have been a combo of too much nutes, lites too low/brite and my ph was high for the fist bit.

new leaves are green tho.

4. What kind of led are u running? Ive bleached my tops a little before and they looked liked that. Hard to tell completely with the leds on though. U have some good growth. Sounds like your dialing everything in. Crazy how much you learn by just growing , you can read and read before you start but the real learning comes from growing and learning from mistakes.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Totally, I'm on my first grow and still learning about herms. I had to pull a big (4ft) hermie today. Kinda sad I thought I had all females.
    Grow is still kicking though IMG_20180621_122558.jpg

6. When I first started reading before I actually started my first grow the amount of info was a little overwhelming, all the terms. The fact that plants can herm lmao. They all look good though man. I just ordered some new seeds today so I’m hoping to start a new grow soon. First time for me growing a photo, been growing autoflowers. I wanna see what I can do without being limited by the short veg time they get.

What strains do you have goin?

• Like Like x 1
  7. The guy at the shop i went to hooked me up with a GrowthStar Scorpion 325w COB LED Grow light.

I totally get it. I have read myself in circles about all of it. It just came down to dropping the hammer and getting the setup. I'm trying my best to be patient and not cut corners.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Nice. You have a nice set up bro. Jealous of the strain your growing. Gonna be amazing once it’s all jarred and cured and ready to smoke. Where did you order from? I just ordered 3 different strains today , shoulda thrown a high cbd strain in.

9. I ordered mine from the Vancouver Seed Bank. Feminized, 8-9 week flowering. I'm thinking i'll go at least 4-5 weeks in veg before flipping.

I kinda went all in for this. Well over $2000 so far getting setup. I figure if I'm going to do it, do it right. Should easily pay for itself by second crop. just in time for xmas! Everyone's getting edibles this year for xmas!

• Like Like x 1
  10. That’s where I messed up, I skimped, didn’t have enough led wattage, didn’t have nutes. Of course I have it all now. Wish I had just shelled out the money at first. Don’t have a tent though , growing in a closet, which is fine for one plant I can manage the smell. That’s next on my list so I can grow more than one. One plant alone stinks but 2 or 3 i don’t wanna do it til I get one lol

Dang everyone’s gonna love u at Christmas time lmao. Next strain I’m
    Starting will be Bruce banner #3. Pretty excited

• Like Like x 2
  11. Damn that BB strain is nice. If I can grow enough medicine I'll for sure throw a high THC strain like that in there in a future grow. For now tho, I need to make sure this grow turns out!

I thought about just doing a closet but wanted to control the environment as much as possible.

12. Yea I’m really excited to get my seeds and start it. I need to grow a high cbd strain.
    I smoke for pain. But I got some high cbd vape pens up in Oregon and got them back to where I live. Strain is harle-tsunami, so that’s the only reason I’m
    Growing a high thc strain. Grew lowryder
    Last time so I’m smoking quite a bit of that along side my
    Cbd pen. Perfect combo. And yea ventilation is a pain in a closet sometimes. Keeping it cool anyways. I live in a hot state.

But damn that Afghani is gonna be great.

13. I've got purple Kush, super animal cookies, blue knight, hash plant and some random indica. (IDK forgot the name) They are all doing so well this morning. :) I caught 2 young males in my 12/12 from seed patch yesterday and pulled them. I am thinking about collecting the pollen of the strongest male because he grew very fast and thick. IDK

• Like Like x 1
  14. You have some
    Good strains growing! What did you decide on collecting the pollen?

15. Not this time around. Lol maybe next time.

• Like Like x 1
  16. #16 LoneGardener, Jul 10, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2018
    Hittin their stride. 10 days till I flip.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  17. Fingers crossed !!

I can't wait to see how they stretch once I flip the lites

18. Plants look good man. I’d suggest taking some of the bigger leaves to let the inners get some light and see what you want to keep before lollipopping and sending her to flower. Your growing in coco, they will grow right back.

19. Thanks for the tip!

I took off a whole bunch of scraggly stuff off the bottom and thinned it out a bit last week. Gonna take a little more off tomorrow like you suggest. Give the middle some light.